Ugly Cunt Knighted - What The Fuck For?!

The_Munchmaster

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Midnight's Children is pretty brilliant, but after that I'd have to agree Rushdie's mostly a mess. As long as Iran and Pakistan don't like it, and "every living Muslim" is offended, knighting him must have been a good idea! More of the same, please. If it pisses off Iran and Pakistan, it can't be all bad.

YimSiam

SD,

Maybe the law should state that any president, prime minister, etc. when declaring war should first have to show that all their blood relatives of age be first in the military, and secondly ... will be at the very front on the lines actually fighting the enemy they want to go to war with, and dying like the common soldiers are doing. Might make many of them think again before being so hasty to send young men and women to the slaughterhouse 'ey?

Cent

Cent (and SD),

With respect, you are proposing that only people with relatives in front line combat units should be able to run for public office. Well, that leaves a lot of people out.

Why not deny the vote to like-situated people while you are at it? Or forbid such people (including yourselves, perhaps) from having any opinion whatsoever on foreign affairs?

I'm not necessarily arguing you're wrong (though I think you are) but that is what you are saying, IMO.

I'd be happy to see where I'm committing some logical error here.

And don't forget that in the days when kings and whatnot did lead their armies into battle, there were plenty of battles! According to your theory, if I understand it correctly, these battles would rarely or never have occurred.

Finally, if one thinks your theory through, you seem to be arguing for a military dictatorship.

:hippie:

Farang think too mutt. What I am saying is that we should "require" the morals of our leaders to be at least that of the Windsors. Prince Harry has no issue with serving in a combat position. Require is in quotes because I do not feel we should legislate it, but use our votes to show displeasure to those who refuse (like every fuckin' one of the Republicans in power right now).

It just seems to be that the current crop of GOPers (politicos and laymen alike) are very blood thirsty, but refuse to take part in their little adventure. Bring back the draft, I say. We'd heard a completely different tune from these pussies. And that's an insult to pussies everywhere so I apologize.

If there were still battles, then so be it. But I highly doubt it. Leaders lead by example, not the "do as I say, not as I do" bullshit that passes for leadership the past several years in Amerika.

Regards,

SD

tit for tat.

On June 21, 2007 soon after Salman Rushdie was awarded the Knight Bachelor in the United Kingdom a group of Muslim clerics, the Pakistan Ulema Council, bestowed a religious title on Osama bin Laden â??the title â??Saifullahâ??, or sword of Allahâ?Â. Thair Ashrafi, the councilâ??s chairman, stated "If a blasphemer can be given the title 'Sir' by the West despite the fact he's hurt the feelings of Muslims, then a mujahid who has been fighting for Islam against the Russians, Americans and British must be given the lofty title of Islam, Saifullah.

Archived