Revolt over school amulets

limbo

"Big difference between that and going out and buying a dozen amulets and attaching them to a 10 baht gold chain around your neck and then going around with your shirt open to your waist."

Well, you should be proud of yourself. You just knocked the shit out of my ass. I was going to buy about 10 phallic amulets but now I got to rethink that one again once more. I was going to get one of those wooden phallic trees so I would have something to put on top of my TV. But now, I guess I will have to settle for a lignam.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, absolutely nothing wrong with wearing a single amulet that was gifted to you.

Big difference between that and going out and buying a dozen amulets and attaching them to a 10 baht gold chain around your neck and then going around with your shirt open to your waist.

The guy with lots of amulets has a deeper understanding of Thai culture and a greater affection for Thai people than somebody with only one measly kee-neo amulet. He is obviously a devout Buddhist and he probably has an enormous cock too and a string of mia-nois.

Lots of Thai people have been making money on this craze, for now. A few months back I remember reading about people quitting their good jobs to buy/sell these things full time. At some point the mania will collapse back upon itself and a lot of people will get burnt, big time. Reminds me of the 'Cabbage Patch' doll mania in the 80's except this one has a veneer of religious acceptability. Gullibility and the 'get rich quick' mentality in play here. Bring on the tulip bulbs.

No' date=' absolutely nothing wrong with wearing a single amulet that was gifted to you.

Big difference between that and going out and buying a dozen amulets and attaching them to a 10 baht gold chain around your neck and then going around with your shirt open to your waist.[/quote']

I think you just described Limbo :D

Anyway, agree!

Just went out and bought a cane, the 9 (!) Baht chain is getting kinda heavy, you know.

Archived