Which Band Would You Like To See Reform?

MooNoi

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, using the Sayjann method of fives, I'll chose these five:

1.) Hendrix - The 'Band of Gypsies' Band (his best 'live' performance band really).

2.) The original Mahavishnu Orchestra band with Jan Hammer, Billy Cobham, Rick Laird and Jerry Goodman, John McLaughlin.

3.) Of course, Pink Floyd, best 'live' areana band around really. Although I must say I don't really miss ol' depressing what'shisname Roger Waters much really in the later stuff.

4.) Would love to see live the original Blind Faith line up.

5.) And bring back living and dead the original Black Sabbath band. :)

Oh, and an honorary mention to Janis Joplin and Big Brother and the Holding Company. Would love to see her and that band live in concert. Anyone remember when Clapton was playing with Delaney and Bonnie and friends? I managed to catch that tour one summer. Ike and Tina and original band were a great concert, as well as Sly and the Family Stone, Mountain (Nantucket Sleigh Ride-what a great concert song - pass that doobie will you?), original Allman Brothers Band. So many really.

Back in the days of the dinosaurs in Boston during the summers there were free shows on the Charles River Esplanade, the Hatch Shell. Every weekend for around 8 to ten weeks every summer you could see these great bands, free. And the Concerts on the Commons as they were called were always a great time. Miss that a lot really.

Cent

apart from limbo's excellent suggestion of husker du, this thread shows perfectly what a bunch of geriatric hippy farts most posters are...

but given the geriatric "music" most bars here play, that shouldn't have been such a surprise...but still...

meanwhile, who's happy to see dinosaur jr back together?

Middle aged hippie if you please, not a geriatric as yet. One day you'll be the same. Be happy to live through it all and be able to recall some of it all. :) I've enjoyed many of the newer bands as well over the years (decades), and still do, although I haven't kept up much as I'm not living in the west where I can see the live shows and concerts, which I prefer over just having the tunes. But really, the concerts are nothing like they used to be. And the strict rules many impose during the concerts takes a lot away from them, although not all good was happening during these shows back then. Different times though. Also, back then there were many many good to great bands touring. There doesn't seem to be anyway near the amount now.

Cent

apart from limbo's excellent suggestion of husker du, this thread shows perfectly what a bunch of geriatric hippy farts most posters are...

but given the geriatric "music" most bars here play, that shouldn't have been such a surprise...but still...

meanwhile, who's happy to see dinosaur jr back together?

I'll take you on in a conversation about any kind of music, sunbeam, so less of the hippy bollocks.

Read, listen, learn.

Archived