Which Band Would You Like To See Reform?

MooNoi

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The J. Giles Band , rocks greatest band IMPO , others would include George Thorogood and the Destroyer's , Canned Heat and the Jimi Hendrix Experience ( excuse me while i kiss the sky wha wha wha ), CSN & Y , screw the brit music.... :neener:

Bada :bangit: Bing

Lennon's (I know he's dead) best work as a solo artist surpassed most of the Beatles efforts

THAT is a very big call, J2!!!!

Sorry - can't agree with that at all!

May have been a bit over the top, like all music I suppose it depends on the mood of the listener on the day.

I picked up "Beatles live at Budokan" on DVD last trip to Burma. You wouldn't rate them on that performance but I googled it and found an interview where McCartney...(remember when they were only referred to as John, Paul etc?) said they couldn't even hear their own instruments for the noise and back up vocals were a waste of time.

The trouble I find with reformed bands is that the reality is often disappointing.

I saw The Who a few months ago (I know we're not supposed to be talking about bands where bandmambers died) and I didn't even stay for the whole show. Part of it was the performance (Ringo Starr's kid, the drummer, was the best part of it). The other part was the ambience. No smoking (anything) inside the arena, a middle-aged crowd and one hour lines to get an adult beverage.

How times have changed over here. Long Beach Arena used to be a notoriously rowdy place to see a concert. :(

I went to a Dylan concert in Australia in'98. It really rocked man, we danced in the aisles, we rushed the stage... totally bemused 20 year old security attendants led us gently back to our seats.

Actually it wasn't a bad night, he brought Patti Smith to open and she stole the show.

BadaBing - on a point of order I think that you'll find that the Jimi Hendrix Experience was a British band with a brilliant American. We looked after Hendrix. You lot fucked up him up.

ok , will accept that , but Jimi was a yank. He got fucked up by your lot , but none the less , a master at his art.

Bada :wanker: Bing

Good call Mekong. I had a video from Granada TV that showed the Hollies performing 'On a Carousel'. That guitar riff is beautiful, a right bobby-dazzler. This was years and years later and it still sounded as fresh as a daisy.

Julian: I like recorded Dylan, but Dylan live just confused me. :confused: (Finsbury Park, London I think about 1990, I was stoned possibly.)

Patti Smith? Do you remember the track 'Piss Factory'? Does anybody? Did I imagine it? Probably.

'Because the Night' is I think, to use a much overused phrase, a classic. That dreamy intro building to a rocker. It's a real (excuse me) fuck record. I think she turned into Angela Dworkin at some point though... :grin:

Come on Fiery Jack! Get in on this.

(How to annoy Fiery Jack in one easy lesson: "Hey FJ - how about THE MANIC STREET PREACHERS with whatisname Richie thingy Severn Bridge possibly Fella???. And your friend Nicky Wire!!!)

Archived