WWE Wrestling Star Kills Family then Himself

MooNoi

Pro wrestling was only a little popular before, relied on crap gimmicks (as it does now) and a bunch of fat drunk guys...Was it ? Macmhon (sp) family who revolutionized it all? Got all the "super bodies" in there? It became a lot more popular as the "athletes" got bigger. It was no where near as popular/profitable as it is now. People pay to see "unpredictable" Pseudo violent nut jobs nut jobs.

Yes, you could ban sterroids, test for them, but as it may take years for some of these guys to clear their systems of them, who will do the show in the mean time? Additionally, I doubt you'd get the same crowd of actors...additionallyX2, I doubt the average WWF fan would really care...

As for filing a law suit...against who? the WWF? No, not liable, how could they be? The manufacturer? maybe, but as some of this shit has legitimate medical use, they woud get off, besides, the run the show/courts on this shit. So who is left? The asshole who used the shit, that is who. Of course this being America, we can't blame him...

I am a big fight fan, UFC, Pride, Muay Thai, boxing. Steroids are banned, and anyone caught using them immediately falls out of favor. The recent Royce Gracie scandal is an example.

They are banned because this is all very real fighting, and you can't have roid rage involved. WWF is acting, same as Hollywood, Broadway etc...and since those people don't ban/test for illegal drugs, how can the WWF? I suppose a part of some big "say no to drugs" campaign, but it really makes no difference in the outcome of the show so why bother?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"What he did by killing is son is horiffic, but steroids seemed to have altered his perception/psyche, that is the real killer."

Easy way out... the guy decided to take steroids and you can be sure he had many occasions to deal with steroid boosted rage and as many occasions to drop their use to avoid getting worse. Reading the body count, it seems he decided to go on with them and definetely should have been considered responsible had he made it out alive.

I've abused anabolic steroids a bit in younger years, which one can purchase over the counter in most thai drugstores, and the most negative effect I recall was the extreme agressivity and short temper, although even before using them I was far from a relaxed teenager. If you consider that guys absorbing extra testosterone in wrestling or fighting sports are not of the most peaceful type to begin with, they don't make quite a safe combo with steroids.

I may disagree on it being a 'little' popular. Its gotten bigger, sure, but it was popular. I recall in the '80s before steroid use was prominent, Roddy Rowdy Piper, Jake the Snake, etc. and the rest who if you saw their bodies, no one could accuse them of steroid use and it was popular and kept getting popular. I don't think the introduction of steroids made it popular. The former WWF, now WWE became a publicly traded company and had a massive infusion of money from the public offering. It now had the money to market it better. The steroid use and the size helped but I would argue it would have gotten popular despite steroid use.

The story lines was what was popular. Not the size of the protagonists. It helped but without the 'good v. evil' storyline, the size of these guys wouldn't have been enough.

I could be wrong in my assumption but I think they could be very viable without the steroids. Look at some of the guys in the NFL now? And can anyone tell me that you can't get a massive size without steroids?

"...I could be wrong in my assumption but I think they could be very viable without the steroids. Look at some of the guys in the NFL now? And can anyone tell me that you can't get a massive size without steroids?..."

I agree, steroids don't necessarily make the show better, I am saying there is no need to test for them, as they do not influence the outcome of the show, as that is decided way before hand, and the event is rigged. I am also pretty much against drug testing on principle.

Rowdy Roddy, Hulk HOgan and many others have come forth and mentioned they were given steroids to help heal injuries, some have said they used them to get bigger...look at a lot of those guys, I am almost positive they were fucked up on something.

Yes, you can get big without steroids...only to a point. Your personal genetics has a lot to do with it.

You mentioned the NFL, as I recall, Dick Butkis and a few others sued because they were given massive steroids and pain killers so they could play while hurt. Lyle Alzado (sp) I think died as a direct result of cancer related to excessive use...or so was the claim. I have no doubt a lot of these guys may have used something at some time.

Keep in mind a lot of that stuff is used (legally) to heal injuries faster.

I think much of this comes from the top. Vince McMahon, in his 60's, is a musclebound freak and it's doubtful that it'[s all natural. He is the owner of the WWE and also owns body building magazines. I think he likely pressures his stable of actors to be as bulked up as possible. I'm not accusing him of forcing steroids on anybody...but if you have to be ripped in order to succeed in his company, people will do whatever it takes.

Archived