17 y.o. Gets Jail For Consenual Sex

Steve

As you indicated for yourself, read my post. The point is its rarely prosecuted. Jaywalking is against the law in just about every municipality, it is in NYC, how many times have cops seen someone jaywalk in Manhattan? And how many times is someone written a ticket for it? Also, I've pointed out ad nauseum that the prosecutor KNEW the law wasn't meant for that situation. Its selective prosecution in my humble opinion. Selective because that law in how the prosecutor executed it is broken every day in Georgia high schools. It was a bad law and too ambiguous hence it being changed after the fact.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point is where do you draw the line?

so 15 year olds have sex with 17 year olds.

so do 15 and 17 1/2.

so do 15 and 18.

so do 15 and 18 1/2

so do 15 and 19.

etc.

Regardless of all the aforementioned facts, he made a bad decision and he got nailed for it. I'm sorry, at 17 you know that banging a 15 year old can get you in serious trouble if her parents persue it, and with the camera rolling he was asking for it.

Yeah, sure, it happens all the time. But the other 99.999% of the people are atleast semi-intelligent about it and don't make gang bang parties on video.

Survival of the fitest, and he was pretty fucking dumb.

I think you assume way too much. They are both in HS. He would know that having sex with a fellow student is against the law?

I would be willing to bet ANYTHING that not only did he NOT know that would be against the law but 99% of all Georgians save pedos. Those ages are typically juniors and freshmen in high schools. When has an upper classman dating or having sex with a freshmen been considered anything than a social faux paus to some?

Not saying that ignorance of the law is a defense but surely you can at least admit that its a law that the average citizen much less high schooler would not know. Especially given the fact that the law was NOT meant for his situation. Will you concede that at least?

Do you at least agree that the law was NOT meant for his situation? Perhaps you'd also agree that the prosecutor knowingly applied a law to a case that it was NOT meant for and did it knowingly. Only he can say why he did. Although I have my suspicions given who the girl was and who the guy was but not knowing his true reasons I will not make it public.

However, we'll have to agree to disagree because you're married to the notion that he got what was rightfully coming to him. I make this last post not only directed to you but any other reading that may be swayed by your 'he deserved what he got' opinion and hopefully see the flaw and the vindictiveness in it. Because the guys life is completely ruined for no good reason. He now has a criminal conviction on his record and any chance of college, a decent job, etc. is practically gone. If he killed someone or some similar heinous offense, I could agree it was deservedly so and would lead the cry for him to go to jail, but a consensual blow job from a classmate 2 years his junior? You're harsh weird...very harsh...or weird

:smirk:

You can be 18 or 19 and still in Highschool, with people as young as 13-14 as Freshmans.

Do you condone 13 year old freshman and 19 year old upper classman having sexual relations too? They are in the same highschool afterall, freshman and senior, just born at the wrong ends of the year.

I'm merely stating that I believe he should not get off with a get out of jail-free card/pat on the back.

And you can stop saying 'consensual' since she doesn't have the rights to decide on her own. ;)

Archived