17 y.o. Gets Jail For Consenual Sex

Steve

Too many of these judges need a reality check. Seems too many are just interested in seeing how far they can go, and examples like this kid, and your example proof of that.

Remember that D.C. judge who was suing for how many millions over a damaged pair of pants? anyone ever call him on that? seems some sort of review board may be in order with these ass clowns.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a shame if its so. He can commute the sentence to time served as well.

No wonder there is no faith in the judicial system. I may sound a bit over the top but its the beginning of a break down in society when the people can't trust the justice system.

If the law was misapplied and used selectively, then why not? The ones who created the law said it wasn't meant for him. The prosecutor knew that there were similar cases in every high school. This one was caught on tape but it goes on every Georgia HS. Why doesn't he and the police explore that? I don't think people are gonna lose much sleep thinking its the end of the world. And we're talking about the U.S. here. Where celebs get off for things you and I would do time for.

I think some of us don't know what judicial restraint is. The sentences of the others that agreed to plea guilty didn't get them 10 years? If 10 years is the automatic sentence. The guy had the audacity to say no to a prosecutor who was showing no regard for fair and equitable administration of the law.

Those other boys life is ruined. Litterally. They will not be able to get a decent job for the rest of their lives for getting a blow job! We all said Clinton got impeached unfairly for lying about a blowjob and thought it was absurd but its fair for a teenager to do time and have his life ruined for the same thing? Amazing.

And we're talking about the U.S. here. Where celebs get off for things you and I would do time for.

Really? Have you seen how much scrutiny celebs get now? Just look at Britney. There are much more fucked up people out there but she gets nailed for every minor thing she does now.

I think some of us don't know what judicial restraint is. The sentences of the others that agreed to plea guilty didn't get them 10 years? If 10 years is the automatic sentence. The guy had the audacity to say no to a prosecutor who was showing no regard for fair and equitable administration of the law.

What? Do you expect those who plead guilty to get more years? Who the hell would take a plea bargin then?

We all said Clinton got impeached unfairly for lying about a blowjob...

Speak for yourself. Clinton got what he deserved.

Robert Downey Jr and others who have repeatedly broken laws get more jail time than the non celebs? Britney is the exception, not the rule. And even if she has scrutiny, how much jail time has she served? So what do you make of the LA county sheriff letting Paris Hilton go early? Medical reasons? There are pregnant women that have to stay in jail but her 'medical reasons' supercede that?

If the prosecutor thought it was such a great crime, why offer a reduced sentence for a plea? He wanted the conviction for whatever personal reason he has. The fact is sex between 17 and 15 y.o.s happens in every school. You and I and he knows it.

After stating 'Clinton deserved it', it puts your position and mindset more in perspective. Clinton lied in a civil lawsuit. There is precedence that a President not be impeached when he's not acting on behalf of his office or using his office for treason or accepting bribes. That's what the constitution sees as legitimate for impeachment. A siting VP killed the sitting Dept. of treasury (Burr killing Hamilton) Burr was not impeached. Dems listed tax evasion as one of the articles for impeachment against Nixon and the Republicans sucessfully argued Nixon's tax evasion was done as Nixon the private citizen and not as president. Clinton lied in a civil lawsuit about an act BEFORE he was president. In what manner was he using his presidency to break a law? Which is what the impeachment is meant for?

I suspect there are other 'issues' surrounding this staunch support for the uphelding of the conviction but its just a guess, I don't know you personally, just a guess. I've seen personally the corruption of justice hence my support of the 17 y.o. as well as the intent of the law and its misuse in this case.

Common knowledge should tell you that punishments are more of a case-by-case basis. You know why you 'think' Celebritys get off so much more then the normal population? Because when they do it's spotlighted. When a normal person gets off they keep their mouth shut and don't have press following them around shouting it to the world. It wouldn't make good ratings to show everyday citizens who get punished less then normal.

Other issues? Like what. Please go into details. You tell me what hunches you have regarding my stance and I'll tell you if you're right or wrong.

BTW, I love the "happens in every school" so it must be okay position! Keep up the good work.

Archived