17 y.o. Gets Jail For Consenual Sex

Steve

Its also been successfully argued that the law was not meant for such cases. It was to guard against pedophiles. The prosecutor knew that and the ones that wrote the law knew that. The supreme court of that state didn't think the act was worth ten years.

Even having it on tape the whole thing could have been avoided. There are plenty of excuses DAs use like 'we didn't feel confident we could win a jury trial' to get out of things like that. Its done every day in this country. I don't know if its possible in that state but judges have been known to reduce sentences or dismiss them altogether. Those 4 others will NEVER be able to get a good job and its for an act that thousands of kids do each year in schools. I guarantee you if it were your son you'd feel he was hard done by. Their futures are ruined. You and others may say it should be but I would say not for something like that. How many times have we heard things dismissed of high school students in the 'burbs because it will 'ruin their chances for college' and the like? Its done. How many HS football players have sex parties and seniors are doing the same and having it recorded on their picture phones and the like?

The sentence wasn't justified. The law was misapplied. And I guarantee you that same prosecutor can find plenty of couples in that HS who were 17 and 15 and it could be proven they have sex via numerous ways like texting, emails, etc. and he wouldn't prosecute or even try to.

Not sure if that girl's parents pressed for it, but if they did it was out of embarassment because they had a slutty daughter and instead of blaming her bad judgment they wanted someone else to pay. Not uncommon with how parents deflect any blame on their own kids nowadays.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was in high school its what we called the girls who would give BJs and sex to the guys on the basketball and football teams. Not sue what they were called in your HS.

Of course the girls that gave me sex were normal, adjusted girls. The ones who only gave the popular guys sex were sluts. Its how it is at EVERY high school. :smirk:

The bottom line of it all is the law was misapplied. Even the authors of the law had said that was not what the law was meant for and the prosecutor knew that.

DWB is a given. Its something that all black men in america have experienced and its not even something we even ask each other about, its just assumed. That's how prevalent it is. Yes, there are legit cases. I've been pulled over for what I would deem personally as a legitimate stop. But there are so many times that I knew it was not legit. The most blatant was my brother and I stopped in west Los Angeles near a mall. My brothers car was an old beat up car. We had shopping bags in the car as well. Anyway, while they pulled us over they had me cuffed. While they were talking to my brother, who was driving. My brother is very quiet and one of those shy types. We were following instructions. No problem. They asked if we had receipts for the stuff in the bags. Maybe I said, it may be in the bag, maybe in my wallet with the receipt. They said we 'fit the description of two suspects, and the make and model of the car was ours' okay, fair enough. Knew he was lying but okay. Then the other guy, started cuffing my brother. I asked why. He said for me to be quiet. No one wants to see his brother cuffed. So, I said this to the cop 'So if I called your watch commander they could confirm there are two suspects that fit our type and car, then?' They looked at each other and uncuffed us and one of them said 'I can't guarantee that you won't be stopped in this area again'. The message obviously was to leave the area. But that is one of many incidents. Too many to even remember. There are certain areas in the Los Angeles area that are without question no nos to drive if you're black: Torrance and Culver City and to a lesser extent Santa Monica. Its just known. I found out when I first arrived from picking up my girlfriend at work in Torrance and being stopped all the time and after talking with other black guys was told don't drive to Torrance unless a) you have to and B) your car and registration is up to snuff.

When I was in high school its what we called the girls who would give BJs and sex to the guys on the basketball and football teams. Not sue what they were called in your HS.

Of course the girls that gave me sex were normal, adjusted girls. The ones who only gave the popular guys sex were sluts. Its how it is at EVERY high school. :smirk:

The bottom line of it all is the law was misapplied. Even the authors of the law had said that was not what the law was meant for and the prosecutor knew that.

Read my post before trying to reply to it. Thanks. I in no way, shape, or form asked why you called her a 'slutty daughter'.

CS, unfortunately, cops are usually not noted for their intelligence. I remember when I was a kid hearing Johnny Mathis - then a superstar - telling about deciding to sell his prized Corvette. Seems he got tired of being stopped by cops all the time. Once they realised who he was, they immediately apologised and let him go. But their automatic suspicion had been that since he was black and driving a Corvette, he must have stolen it.

I had to get fingerprinted when I joined the Peace Corps. Now most people were really impressed - "Cool, he's going into the PC". But the police shoved me over to a counter and very roughly fingerprinted me. I expected them to throw me into a cell. Pushing people around obviously must have become a habit with them.

Might help if cities raised the standards for police. Then again, who wants to do such a job? Takes a certain mentality to choose it as an occupation.

Critics decry statesâ?? teen sex laws;

Experts point to Atlanta case, saying laws are confusing, too harsh

ATLANTA - The tough Georgia law that sent Genarlow Wilson to prison for having oral sex with a fellow teenager has been watered down. But in Georgia â?? and in many other states â?? itâ??s still a crime for teenagers to have sex, even if theyâ??re close in age.

Legal experts say itâ??s rare for prosecutors to seek charges. But, as the Wilson case illustrates, they can and sometimes do.

Link

"...But in Georgia â?? and in many other states â?? itâ??s still a crime for teenagers to have sex, even if theyâ??re close in age..."

So why didn't they lock the bitch up? I know he is black, what race was she? Just wondering what role race played here...? To me, the whole thing is absolutely fucking insane...but then I recently saw a kid in Marin county get the book thrown at him for not having a helmet while riding a scooter...and also a harsh sentence for having a cigar in school. It just gets retarded after awhile...

Archived