Day Tours

Not sure if this is the right forum but seems close enough.

I got a booklet in the Bangkok Post a few weeks back. Basically places to see and pre-set tours you can do yourself.

Wife thumbed through and decided a trip to Saphon Buri was in order.

As it takes the road North that goes past my work, it seemed a good trip.

Saphon Buri is about 75km's from Bangkok, a easy and as the booklet said, lovely drive, lots of trees, and a speed cop who booked me 100 baht for doing 110 in a 90 zone.

He also asked for us to bring back Quey Teo, from the "100 year market"

The 100 Year Market is about 20 odd Km's North of Saphon Buri and easy to find. On the way there we passed some stunning Thai houses, the "Buffalo Village" which we visited last and a place that made Thai houses.

Lunch at the market was great, good food, lots of it, cheap and very interesting to walk around the narrow little sois with beautiful restored wooden houses all around.

Next was the Big Lake/Zoo/Under Water Aquarium.

It's about another 30kms North of the Markets heading away from Bangkok.

Used to places attempting to rip me off, I sent wife ahead to buy tickets but was happy to discover NO FARANG FARE!!!!

Nice to see.

The complex is stunning and owned by the family I think of a past PM, who was unlucky and short according to the wife.

The Aquarium was very good, mostly fresh water fish, but some sea water, and the underwater section with a diver hand feeding fish was great!

Next was the zoo, also very nice, more shady than Bangkok Zoo.

Turning around we drove back past the markets to the Buffalo Village.

Again no Farang fee!

I like this area!

And in time to see the show.

Buffalo wlak VERY slowly, so while it was fun to see them do things like "Smile" "Kneel", walk up stairs and kneel, it was kinda like watching performing animals on valium overdoses.

VERY SLOOOOOOOOOW

But fun.

The gardens there are fun.

Heading back to Bangkok, we left home at 10 and home by 7, all in all a dam nice day

...it was fun to see them do things like "Smile" "Kneel", walk up stairs and kneel, it was kinda like watching performing animals on valium overdoses.

Sounds like a lot of the old clapped-out freelance bangers that hang round in soi 7 beergarden, mate. :doah:

jack :help:

Nice one K.Dawg,

Spent last Monday at the Croc Farm at Samut Prakarn...just me & 3 lovely ladies...

Very touristy...but fun all the same.... Entrance Fee 60Bt for Thais...300Bt for farang...WTF!!!!!

The girls were in stitches at both the Chimps and the Bears, who would Wai before they got another Banana.....

Interesting that the girls had to tell the animals to..."Say Thank You"...before they would wai.... Didn't seem to understand ..Wa Dee....LOL...

One of the Chimps was keen on having a "Puff" and kept "asking" for a cigarette. Naturally the girls obliged and it was really funny to watch...

The actual Crocodile Pit was awesome..... a bit like the Nana Parking lot at peak hour...555 or Thermae in it's heyday...bloody scary....

One of the girls told me that about 4 years ago, a young Thai girl with a broken heart, actually did a "Swan Dive" into the Croc. enclosure....farkkkkkkkkkkk.... after you see what those things do to chicken bones the mind boggles!!!!!!

All in all a pleasant few hours...but tiring....I needed to lay down for a couple of hours to recover....

Cheers DS

Sounds good as I like aquariums and zoos. :thumbup: Would make a pleasant change from hanging around WS every afternoon when I'm in town.

Perhaps I'll try and persuade Zob to take me there on his Triumph sometime.

By the way, is it always called the 100 Year Market or will it be the 101 Year Market next year?

Archived