The_Munchmaster

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Munchie,

Now I KNOW you're a fucked-up unit!

Is that how they serve chips in Dubai?

Remind me to order something else!!!

Salt and vinegar, *OR* Tomato Sauce (Not ketchup!) The only way to go...

Actually, what's the difference between tomato sauce and ketchup? Any? Or just different names in different countries?

Enquiring minds want to know...

I never bother fryin them these days too lazy or short of time usually, but i do buy the better quality oven chips and then cook them in a pre heated oven dish with a bit of either beef dripping or goose fat. And then salt and vinegar and sometimes ketchup as well.

Simie.

Proper thick cut potato, deep fat fried in oil you could make candles from, salt and lashings of vinegar, with tommy K on the side. Instant cardiac arrest on a plate, but goddamn it i miss it...however hard they try elsewhere, nowt beats a greasy spoon in the UK...there's nothing in LOS that even comes close.

It happens to a lot of British expats that suddenly they get all nostalgic about the country they hated so much they left. Then they start wearing union jack shorts and England shirts, shouting very loudly in regional dialects and finally complaining about the local food and extoling fish and chips. Get a grip man. We're talking about potatoes deep fried in hydrogenated vegetable oil. Disgusting.

Actually, what's the difference between tomato sauce and ketchup? Any? Or just different names in different countries?

Enquiring minds want to know...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketchup

Ommagawd! :shocked:

"Ketchup existed before anyone outside the Americas had ever seen a tomato. Originally this sauce was made out of pickled fish. It originated in Eastern Asia; the word "ketchup" is used in Chinese, Malay, and Indonesian (e.g., kecap manis - traditional spelling kitjap manis). English and Dutch sailors brought the Asian ketchup to Europe, where many flavourings, such as mushrooms, anchovies and nuts, were added to the basic fish sauce. It is not certain when and where ketchup first came to be made from tomatoes."

Archived