ST HOTELS

gladius69

Need some advice, please.

I've an old Bkk hand, but never done this. I have to fly in on Fri AM. Plane arrives at 0600. Wife and family from Surin will pick me up at a location of my choice around 9pm. I want to get some MP action at Chitlom Akane and do some shopping during the day. Any suggestions for a ST place to crash during the day. I might actually be taking the train on Sat too.

Thanx

Bruce

Try the PB Hotel off Sukhumwit Soi 3.

(As you're walking away from Sukhumwit Road, pass the Grace Hotel on your right and turn right at the next soi you see - about 150-200m up from The Grace. You'll see the PB on your left).

It's a dump, but ok to store your bags and have a couple of hours kip if you need it.

Its only a few hundred baht.

Also, as it's basically a "short-time" hotel, if you decided to go down to Soi 7 Biergarten during the day, you can bring someone back with you for a couple of hours sanuk, so problem.

Alternatively, email the Nana Hotel or The Dynsaty Inn and see if you can get a day-room there. I had a friend get a day room at the Nana. Check in at 6.00am, check out 6.00pm, but they charged him the same as staying overnight. Still pretty cheap.

If you wanted to be closer to Soi Cowboy, you could use the Asoke Place. (Just on the right as you exit Soi Cowboy at the Soi 21/Asoke end).

Again, no great shakes, but fine for just bag-dumping, napping and shagging.

Of course, if you want something upmarket, The Landmark, The Westin Sukhumwit will all be able to book day rooms, but quite expensive.

Thai House Inn on Soi 7, on the corner of Soi 7 and the "tunnel of love" is good, and cheap...Nana isn't that much more expensive...Honey Hotel on Soi 19 also has nice cheap rooms...and is close to everything, has a pool also. Cent knows a decent place on Soi 20...I forget the name now...

I would NOT recomend PB as a safe place to store bags and such...

I remember joking to a girl i picked up at Angles "what is that for?" in reference to the gynaecological chairs

She just sighed loudly, at this old joke, then told me to get on....

"surprisingly comfortable" i remarked later, to a friend

The rooms upstairs at the PB are way different than the rooms downstairs with the "doctors chairs"-They are much better and at 700Baht arent a bad value-Not that i have ever been in either. :smirk:

Hmm... Sometimes I feel like I may actually have been in them ALL :shocked: , which is disgraceful...

YimSiam :sad:

Archived