Repubs. Give Bush Ultimatum

Steve

Until the USA firmly tells Iraq that the USA will leave around xx/xx/2007, the Iraq government will continue to sit on its dead azz! :mad:

Yes, the USA should not have gone into Iraq alone (other then the UK and a few others), but what is done, is done.

Time to move on and force Iraq to take control of THEIR country....IMO.

Iraq wants the USA out, then it is waaaaay past time for Iraq to act like they can run THEIR country!!!

This should also squell any concerns of us going into Iran which I thought had a next to nothing chance of ever happening.

There simply is no public support for us staying in Iraq and this would also include people who would vote for Bush.

The members of his party see the writing on the wall. They are doing it out of political expediency. The center that decide elections are against the war and a good number of Republicans are as well. They know they'll lose the white house they are trying to stop the congress from going further democratic as well.

I am hoping we are doing this but it would be nice if America include England and the other nations in its plans to leave. This has to be coordinated. Its not only a domestic issue, its a coalition issue as well.

"...Bush, one day after ruling out talk of any shift in strategy before fall, met at the White House with Sens. John McCain, R-Ariz., and Lindsey Graham, R-S.C. Both lawmakers emerged saying that the administration's troop buildup had produced progress and deserved a chance to work, at least until Gen. David Petraeus, the top commander in Iraq, produces a widely anticipated report on the war in September..."

If this is true, how did Al-Queda grow and get more powerful? I thought everyone we killed WAS Al-Queda?

Yup get them out, whilst the Iraqi's are busy killing each other and fragmenting into varius independant states.Turky can move into the north.

I'm not pessimistic about a quick withdrawel, that outcome as its more of less what the Brits did in India, 10 tens of thousands lost their lives in the disputes of the Pakistans and India and mass ethnic cleaning occurred but eventually they worked out a way of dealing with each other without resorting to violence.

Whilst they are all busy with that we can move east and take on the Ayatollas. :devil:

JP

Its a mess. But withdrawal is the lesser of 2 evils. Staying there is worse for all concerned.

I would have liked for the U.S. and the U.K. to meet with the Arab league and hash out an exit strategy.

How do we know that the Saudis, Egyptians and/or others couldn't come in after the withdrawal possibly and minimize the killing, etc. that will happen as the country transitions over. Replace the current coalition with a moslem/arab one.

Maybe the country is destined to be 3 different countries. If they don't want to be a country as a collective, then no amount of force that can stop that if there is no collective will from all 3 ethnicities.

Archived