Where Do You Draw The Line?

MooNoi

Tough call.

To win a sexual harassment case, the defense tries to drag the complaining party (your wife) into the mud; how did she dress? was it revealing? did she flirt? what was her background?

The defense concentrates so much on the complaining party, trying to confuse the issue, that the issue is lost and all too soon the complaining party is on trial!!! WTF!!!

The "justice system" is all lopsided.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YimSiam said "Because poor people from the 3rd world have all the power in the legal system? Nonsense, nonsense.... "

Actually, ,poor third world whores can get even by saying you were trafficking her. All she has to do is parrot the right words to the right person and 'her farang's ass' is history.

I can only speak from experience with the US system, but rest assured, farang asses are well safe from being convicted of trafficking! It just doesn't happen in any circumstances that could conceiveably arise in a husband-wife dispute... nationally, there's maybe a dozen convictions for trafficking per year, and they are the Salvadoran-kids-chained-to-the-sewing-machine or Koreans-to-the-bar kind of cases. Maybe it's different in other jurisdictions, but Americans need not worry about human trafficking...

YimSiam :)

The difficulty with sexual harassment is that it usually a question of who you believe, so character defamation is fair game. I guess it was a smart move simply to quit, because at least you can go on with your life. What pissed me off though is that it was her boss who did this, and she lost her job, her paycheck AND unemployment money. It just didn't feel right to me.

On the other hand, people I know who have been in law suits are very frustrated with the legal system. Cases drag on forever, you lose money like crazy and in the end, you just have only one wish: That it is over, regardless the outcome. The legal system is only suitable for people and companies with deep pockets.

Archived