A Thai immigrant convicted of incest

cavanami

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just marvel at the double standards some people apply. I think everyone is entitled to pursue happiness. Like Fidel says, an economic refugee is simply someone in pursuit of a better life, the same I did when I moved to Thailand for a short while several years ago. And just like we don't shake our culture, Pakistani's and Indians don't lose theirs. And why should they? It's not that the western individualized life style is inherently better than theirs.

Guest lazyphil

england has a certain population of native work shy, violent, thick butt ugly uncouth down right unpleasant chavscum/pikeys as well as feckless stinking arrogant rude racist lazy immigrants by the same token many many decent native english trying to get by to pay taxes etc blah blah and lots of hardworking immigrants filling jobs the chavscum wont do. i live here and know what i'm talking about unlike a few here :smirk:

imo, build lots more prisons, bang up the lowlifes and make their life unbearable and kick out any immigrant that refuses to work and at least try and intergrate. fuck these assholes :mad:

Hi,

A big difference in my eyes is that while many foreigners here do not adapt to / integrate with Thailand, neither are most trying to push Western values / culture onto the Thais.

I do not see many foreigners here marching the streets saying that all Buddhists should be killed.

Nor do I hear foreigners saying that wishing someone a Happy Songkran is offensive to their beliefs and therefore Thais should not be allowed to wish others a Happy Songkran.

Sanuk!

A big difference in my eyes is that while many foreigners here do not adapt to / integrate with Thailand, neither are most trying to push Western values / culture onto the Thais.

I don't know of any immigrant group in the Netherlands marching the streets for any cause, so I fail to see that this is a big difference.

For me, the biggest problem with immigrants, is with Muslims. In many Muslim states, there is no separation between state and religion, and people have no choice but to remain Muslim. There is no freedom of religion. No freedom of religion means intolerance towards people with a different belief or mindset, and that is disturbing and backwards. But not more so than the "fuck off to your own country" comments I read in this thread.

Hi,

"I don't know of any immigrant group in the Netherlands marching the streets for any cause, so I fail to see that this is a big difference."

I was referring to Muslims in the UK.

From what I understand the problems in Holland are not as bad as they are in the UK. I can't see Dutch politicians banning Xmas wishes either.

Sanuk!

Guest lazyphil

its the white liberal chunky sweater city counceler brigade who want christmas called winterville or some such shit thinking they're gaining favor with muslims etc, i doubt they give a rats ass about christians having xmas. those cunts cause more harm than they can begin to fathom.

Archived