Thai Girl "logic"

Dumsoda

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hugh,

Yup, totally agree. That is why it was a good story, to see the motocyke twat get nothing from his damned scam. The look on his face must have been priceless. I noticed that he kept trying to get more cops involved (hoping one high enough up would want to help him shake down the farang, yes?) Luckily Ikkrang had friends in high places. :smirk: It could have been a much different story and ending.

Cent

Right, most likely would have been different had they not been my 'students' -- and it was really a pleasure to see the guy's face when he realised that it wasn't just the traffic cop, but also the main cop as well. He could have gone all the way to the governor and gotten the same response, as I was training people from the governor's office (and teaching his kids English on the weekend as a favour...). The governor and I had the only two houses with 24 hour electricity in the town, as we were discreetly plugged into the radio tower generator, though it's hard to be discreet when the power goes out in the whole town at 8 pm, and only your house is still lit up... ah, my days of honour and privilege, where have they gone?! These days, I'd be just another farang tourist up there, I'm sure.

I will say that Laotian authorities - especially out in Luang Nowhere - would be much less likely to try to screw you than almost anywhere else I've been. Too much hassle and effort, too embarrassing, and too much risk of getting punished for it in the end -- they'd likely just try to find a compromise to make it all go away!

Lovely people to drink with, Laotians...

YimSiam, ex-VIP :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived