Thai Girl "logic"

Dumsoda

Cav's last post on the... is great site... thread

07/20/07 12:00 PM - Post#612060

DC

Good Thai style, never accept any blame or responsibility!

Plenty of blame, spread it around

got me thinking about the way things often get interpreted...and then turned around to suit whatever particular "need" that exists at the time...LOL...

Case in point, as example:

Wednesday, I'm on the way to the Airport in HK and I receive a message...(From the phone that is totally reserved for "Family" matters....please call me urgent, I need to talk with you....

...OMG..shit...blood instantly drains from face...WTF's going on....maybe she's about to make an announcement....Hmmmmm

...So I call...with a tad of nervous anticipation..(not Dog!!)...

...Darling, I lose my phone....I'm VERY serious and I get angry....I think somebody steal...

OK...OK..it's only a fcuking phone...no biggy...we'll buy a new one...don't get upset...How much for new one??....

....I don't know darling...maybe 12k Bt...

OK...Ok.. see if you can get something decent for 10k.... just go get OK....it's happened...we can't change History...let's just "pretend forget" and move on...I'm on a plane in 30 minutes...just go & buy one, i'll send you the money when I get home....

...but I have all my numbers I lose....

(Here come BIG mistake No.1)...That's great Teerak....I'm happy you lose a lot of phone numbers.

...NOT Joking OK...I'm very serious......Oooops....wrong call....lol...

Several minutes of ..."smoothing the waters"...all's OK again...5555

OK teerak, trace your steps...where did you go...maybe you leave somewhere....

NO...NO... I know somebody steal, because I try to call No & phone is turned off...I never turn off!!

So...where did you go???

....I go outside 11am....go to Fitness...maybe I put down outside and leave there when I pick up my Gym shoes....

(here comes BIG mistake No. 2)

.... well I sent you an SMS at about 11.30am....

....Arhhhh....that's it then....When you send me SMS....somebody hear my phone go beep..beep..beep.. and come steal...

..IF YOU NOT SEND SMS, my phone would still be near the shoes, cos no one would have heard the noise and not see and not steal....

WTF....This was a classic piece of Thai girl logic, if I've ever seen one.Really cracked me up....LOL....

But, the more I think about it, the more I see the pattern emerging....

It is usually someone else's fault... the conclusion arrived at, after careful and serious application of Thai Girl logic....55555

Is this something that is perculiar to "MY' situation....or do others have to handle the same sort of reasoning and justification

Cheers DC

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DS/DC,

I couldn't count the times that situations have been turned around so I get the blame.

One example - I have 2 "rules" for my special friend when I'm not there with her:

1) Send me an sms when you wake up in the morning to let me know you're ok

2) Don't ride your motorbike when you're mao.

Anyway, about 3 weeks ago, a certain person had a small accident coming home one morning. No major damage, but just some grazing to the skin and a couple of abrasions. Motocycle was ok.

I asked how it happened and was told:

"If you not yak yak me, then it not happen!"

WTF??

I (stupidly) asked how she came to that conclusion. The answer?

"Well.. I on my motocy coming home and I remember what you say about not drive when I mao. I trying to decide if I mao or not, so I not concentrate on road. Then I see car come in front of me and I brake too slow. Have raining so I fall off motorcy..."

So it's my fault. Sometimes I feel like I'm pushing shit up hill! Thanks for listening to me, darling! :banghead:

In response to Dumsoda - Thai Girl "logic"

It's always the guys responsibility ( I think both Thai and Farlang).

.....everything is...."up to you"

so that when it's fcuk's up! ...you are to blame!

"Not me who said this" - "You"

I remember one time going back to a bar where I had met a sweetie the night before...we had a great night and she left in the morning (with 1k)

I thought of going back for seconds the next night as you do (??)....but she wouldn't talk to me..WTF....

Anyway turns out the I didn't give her an additional 20bht for a taxi (songthaew) and she had taken a motorbike taxi...and had a small accident....my fault she had to get this taxi

WTF.....(Now I cheap Charlie..as well)....yeah right :mad:

Now "it's up to me" - bye bye

My old bos had been married to a Thai woman for years, 3 grown kids etc...so we were talking one day and he said "...I'll tellyou straight out, my wife lies, I don't mean little white lies or fibs, I mean LIES and when I call her on it, she just lies more and bigger. When she has lied herself into a coener and has no way out, she says "well, your fault because you no believe me first time..." After 30+ years, I still have no clue what the hell makes her mind run, and Logic? FORGET IT!!!"

Archived