Michael Moore SUBPOENAED BY THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION

foreigner

couldn't Moore claim artistic privilege & ignore the subpoena.

MICHAEL MOORE ANNOUNCES THAT HEâ??S BEEN SUBPOENAED BY THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION ON â??THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH JAY LENOâ?Â

BURBANK-July 26, 2007 â?? Oscar-winning documentary filmmaker Michael Moore announced that the Bush Administration has subpoenaed him in the wake of his recent trip to Cuba on the July 26 episode of NBC's "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno"

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dc/2007/07/bushies_want_to_hear_from_moor.html

lets see the hillary / moore bashers staighten this mess out .. OReally is pulling his hair trying to achieve gainful spin ..

"I just tell the truth in our film. (Hillary Clinton) did something very courageous 14-years ago, saying all American's should be covered. She got beat up badly for it. Now she's the second-largest recipient of health care industry money in the U.S. Senate."

Moore continued: "In fact, I don't know if I should really talk about this on national television, but you know the head of the studio that's releasing this film...Harvey Weinstein is a big supporter of Hillary Clinton. For the months leading up to the release of the film, he kept calling me every day saying, 'I want you to take that scene out of the film, attacking Hillary.' I said, 'I'm no attacking her, I'm just telling the truth.'"

Moore explained, "I'm going to go after whoever is in power, doesn't matter if they are Democrat or Republican I'm going to try to be a voice for people that don't have a voice."

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael Moore is an annoying self-publicist. If he's so anti-establishment why does the media establishment give him such an easy ride? The film Sicko was a joke, presenting the French welfare system as a shining example to the rest of humanity, ignoring the fact that most French people are sick of it and presenting the NHS as a shining example of a free health care system, ignoring all the problems there are with it. He broke a US embargo on Cuba. Do you think he should be above the law? That's why he's in legal trouble, nothing to do with his supposed "anti establishment" views. He'll probably get away with a slap on the wrist.

michale moore is obviously the source of the federal deficit & debt ..

& criminal charges against seemingly 1/2 the administration & 1/2 of congress are obviously his doing ..

a video filmed in cuba is good place to allocate limited resources.

it is not an uncommon offense & moore contends jail is never sentenced .. & a $50K fine is normal ..

he ought to resist the charges & not pay a quick & quite fine.

he could force the US to spend huge amounts on legal bills & charge his expenses off to advertising.

.. force court hearings & HEADLINES... free talk show TV advertising / appearances ..

& bring in the firefighters! .. the last thing NY or Bush wants is sick 911 responders belly achin' on national TV about EPA lies & NY insurance BS.

:applause:

He broke a US embargo on Cuba. Do you think he should be above the law? That's why he's in legal trouble, nothing to do with his supposed "anti establishment" views. He'll probably get away with a slap on the wrist.

What? Do you believe they would have gone after him for his visit to Cuba had he been singin' the praises of the US health system? Who are you kidding? :)

Why can't people just forget about the politics and think of their fellow humans? Their neighbours. EVERYONE should have access to health care, rich or poor, immigrant or resident, black, white, brown, whatever, who cares?

There is no reason why everyone shouldn't be given a FAIR go.

There is no reason why people should die in unjust wars. It doesn't matter if you're white or brown or whatever.

Jesus, in this world of plenty, we should be able to take care of each other, pure and simple.

Everyone's first priority should be to ensure that everyone is taken care of, and that everyone has a fucking chance.

Make politics out of it if you will, call me a Commie if you like, but there is no reason why people shouldn't be allowed access to the resources they need to prosper, other than GREED!

People here in Pakistan are having their kidneys stolen to be put inside more worthy, wealthy westerners. Kids aren't going to school.

If you accept the fact that we all have HUMAN RIGHTS then we all should strive to ensure that everyone has access to the resources needed to make a living, have a home and raise a family.

Scientific advances should be used for the benefit of ALL HUMANITY.

Stop wasting money on weapons, get these greedy fuckers out of power, and start demanding that resources be used to make peoples' lives better!

Sometimes I wish I had more cash, more gadgets and all that shit. Then I look at people who can't afford simple fucking medicines, people who go without food to pay for health care, people who send their kids to traffic lights at the age of ten to wash windscreens cos they can't afford to send them to school. And I think, why aren't these people TAKING my money? They need it!

And all these fuckers on the treadmill, trying to make sure they have the 2 holidays a year and the i-pod and the latest scents.

People neeed to get their priorities right.

He broke a US embargo on Cuba. Do you think he should be above the law? That's why he's in legal trouble' date=' nothing to do with his supposed "anti establishment" views. He'll probably get away with a slap on the wrist.[/quote']

What? Do you believe they would have gone after him for his visit to Cuba had he been singin' the praises of the US health system? Who are you kidding? :)

Be realistic, no one of any importance gives a shit about this guy. The film seemed more critical of Hillary Clinton than anyone. Who exactly is "going after him"? Small time law enforcement officials. He'll get a fine and loads of free publicity (as if he hasn't had enough already).

I presume that M.M. was waiting for the subpoena. That's the best PR he could get.

Anyway, I have not seen the film (it's an US problem which doesn't affect us Europeans), but what I have read he is spot on with his movie. And it seems that all of his numbers are correct, see his controversy with CNN which had to apologize for arguing the converse.

In the USA 47 million!!! people are uninsured (ca. 16% of the population), this is more than half of the population of Germany of 87 million.

Just for comparison in Germany ca. 200.000 to 300.000 people don't have health insurance (ca. 2,2%-3,5% of the population), a number which is seen as inadmissible...

I get free good health care so I don't have a dog in this fight.

I have not seen any of Michail Moore's films other than Roger and Me.

But something is really screwed up with the USA system. It is broken.

I was just speaking to an old friend of mine in USA. They spend US $16,000.00 a year on health insurance for themselves - wife, husband, and child.

But what about the legacy costs for say GM or Ford. Set aside your preferences for Toyota or Honda for a moment. In the USA, the Japanese and German companies don't have all these retirees to pay for. They hire young and healthy workers in the USA. And neither Honda nor Toyota have to worry about retirees today.

Now . . . mention Hilary Clinton in the conversation and the Rush Bimbaugh and Bill O'Reilly fanatics come out of the woodwork.

Just trying to be "Fair and Balanced" !

Archived