finding "sent" messages on Hotmail

dean

I have a dispute with a company in Scotland. It all hinges on my getting the e-mails that I sent to them from June, 2006 to August 11, 2006. I never programed my hotmail account to keep "sent" messages, so what other means are available to me to retreive the sent messages? This one is worth $1,600.00 to me, so any suggestions would be welcomed!

If you can't find anything in your "Sent" folder, IMHO there is no chance retrieve the emails.

Note: most (web)mail providers don't store sent emails when you send emails with Outlook or any other POP3 program. I know only Gmail doing this, which is perfect since I have a copy of _all_ emails online.

There must be some way of retreiving sent messages, since the U.S. government has no problem finding this stuff on seized computers. I'm going to call Hotmail when I get to the states next month and see what it takes to get the sent e-mails back (I only need two of them, sent on August 3 and 5, 2006 and I don't even need the content of the e-mail; only the fact that I sent the e-mail will be alright) and pay them if necessary.

I've sent the teck support team at Hotmail an e-mai, requesting either the "sent" e-mails to this lady, between the dates of June 20 and August 11, 2006 or at least the acknowledgement that I sent e-mails to this lady between these dates. I offered to pay them for their expenses. So, we will see what happens.

If you are lucky, you will find someone at Hotmail that has a brain about these things and have a chat with them.

Most likely you will get a professional answer person at Hotmail who is paid to get rid of you as quickly as possible.

Money??? If you were to offer 10's of thousands od dollars you would get a listen...

There may be some .org that archives everything going across the internet.

I know that like all the older submissions that used to be on site, like Stickman, are archived on this site and can be viewed/downloaded.

Would both worth some time to Google around and see what you might be able to find.

Maybe Hotmail keeps backups? If you can pay them to pull your emails off a backup? possible.

I remember something faintly a long time ago about somebody contacting hotmail to retrieve an email but it costed them an arm and a leg (way more then you're trying to save).

I imagine now a days with privacy advocate groups your chances of getting any archives would be even less (since they focus on having data destroyed after a certain amount of time).

Archived