Bangkok - Saigon?

Shibuya

No Low-cost carriers.

Air Asia was rumoured to be starting this sector but hasn't happened.

Bangkok Air, Thai Air, Vietnam Airlines, Air France, Lufthansa are the options.

But the cheapest option is Air Asia to Phnom Penh and then bus as you said.

The road between PNH and SGN is sealed the whole way now, so the trip is much shorter. Still, 6-8 hours on a bus sucks whatever road-surface you're on! (Unless you're on The Bangbus! :grinyes:)

You need a Visa for VN.

You need two passport pictures for Phnom Penh.

You also got arrival and departure fees - in US Dollars, please !

As I recall, I flew Thai Airways to Phnom Penh, the Viet Airways from Phnom Penh to Saigon. God Bless those Viet pilots in that little puddle jumper of a plane. Two police cars came out to plane to view passengers upon arrival at Tan Son Nhut International airport. The police just looked around and didn't bother us. The Yanks did a nice job building that international airport. Thank you America!

Saigon - Customs Immigration. All wear green fatigue uniforms and all must be generals in the Viet Army as they have a bunch of ribbons/gold stripes on uniform. All the Viet Cong and NVA must have obtained these gravey jobs. And they look like they are still angry for losing the war.

Cheers guys, for those of you keeping score im flying AirAsia to Phnom Penh to spend 3 days "Entering Vietnam, $10 no visa required" at Sharkies et al

Going to the Viet consulate to get a real Visa to actually go to Vietnam. Saigon by coach (yeah, bloody prole that i am) a few days there then the train to Hanoi and finally AirAsia from there back to Bkk

Was considering overland to Vientiane from Hanoi then onto Udon and then Bkk, but i may run out of time (Only have 10 days)

My what a trip it will be

Archived