Cigar Bars?

TheCorinthian

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how does the pricing at the CR work?

You get like 30 lady drinks, do they charge you for one when she sits down or only if she actually drinks one of the things?

And the liquor you get, if you buy a membership and get your ten bottles of whatever, what size bottles are they and could you just come in there from day to day and drink them and pretty much never have to pay for anything else?

You get charged when you order one drink for her

(there is no time limit for a LD)

Ten bottles of whatever, you decide which is your favorite poison and negotiate to get it.

If you like to drink champagne they will of course agree to convert the 10 bottles to some bottles of champagne, just ask

Of course, once you have your bottle or your membership with bottles you can just sit and drink and pay nothing........this is the interest of buying a bottle or a membership

Guest lazyphil

Long live cigar smokers.>><<

as a non smoker since forever, i hate the smell of cigerettes but certain brands of cigars i actually like the smell of. i remember an old boy who lived near me who smoked a pipe, a really sweat smelling bacy, was nice, again cigerettes, yuk!

Can firends come drink "my" booze with me or do they need tobe members as well?

yes, sure! only one guy of a whole group need a "membership". the only purpose of such memberships are to pull more money out of the pocket, get advance payment for stuff that you get later or which some never claim and of course bring clients back to unfinished bottles and new charges. in some your bottle "expires" after 3-6 months!

Well, Oldtmer enjoys the odd cigar;although I gave up the pipe over 25 years back. For years, including my early Thai days, it was never out of my mouth...must have tasted foul to the lassies.

Never been in Champagne Room. But if its as good as Drogon says I will try it next time I am up in BKK. Handy because I am usually stabled at the JW next door.

Cigars are extremely expensive in Thailand. We (the importers) pay about 100% duty to bring them in legally. Here in Pattaya, one of my customers openned a cigar bar next to Slim (between Rock Hard Hotel and Soi 6)Business there has not been exactly smokin. Since I don't import Cubans (www.carribeantabacos.com) most of my customers are go-go's and resturants. The reason many places in Thailand don't have a big selection is that they want the cigars on consignment. The problem is they don't take care of them and then we lose too much money. Places like The Oriental, Nurse, JW Marriot, Hyatt have many to choose from because those shops are owned by an importer.

About champagne:

Yes of course you can bring your friends and they can drink your bottles for free.....

(and memberships are lifetime memberships although I do not think this club will last for so long like all the clubs in bkk)

The consumer price for cuban cigars is almost exactly the same if you buy from a state owned cigar shop in Havanna, a shop in Sweden or a shop in Thailand, the only exception is Spain as there's an old trade treaty between Castro and Franco resulting in half price there for cuban cigars.

In Pattaya I buy from the cigar shop on a corner on 2nd Rd 100 meters north from the backside of Mike Shopping Mall. :thumbup:

Archived