Cigar Bars?

TheCorinthian

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The consumer price for cuban cigars is almost exactly the same if you buy from a state owned cigar shop in Havanna, a shop in Sweden or a shop in Thailand

wonder about this statement as my experience is totally different.

well i have no experience for Sweden, but i can buy Puros Cubanos at some european duty free shops for less than half as what they cost in thailand. duty free shop in UAE are even cheaper but i am seldom there!

therefore i seldom buy cigars in Thailand!

Cigars are extremely expensive in Thailand. We (the importers) pay about 100% duty to bring them in legally. Here in Pattaya, one of my customers openned a cigar bar next to Slim (between Rock Hard Hotel and Soi 6)Business there has not been exactly smokin. Since I don't import Cubans (www.carribeantabacos.com) most of my customers are go-go's and resturants. The reason many places in Thailand don't have a big selection is that they want the cigars on consignment. The problem is they don't take care of them and then we lose too much money. Places like The Oriental, Nurse, JW Marriot, Hyatt have many to choose from because those shops are owned by an importer.

your website does not work!

(but maybe censured as i am currently in china)

agree with what you said about prices and shops

Inside EU there're no duty free shops at least if you travel to other EU countries. If you travel outside you can get a small discount on some alcohol, but not on perfumes and cigars. This from my experiences in Copenhagen.

I've visited around half of the nations in the world and so far Spain is the only exception I've found, but I haven't been in UAE.

Archived