Dollar making a comeback!!

BKKNUT

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recently, there has been an attempt to shore up the US Dollar. Nevertheless, with the sub-prime loan mortgage problem and pressure to lower interest rates and for more liquidity in the markets, I wonder how long before the dollar weakens again. The stock market has dipped below 13,000 weeks after it reached at all time high of 14,000!

No one seems to know the magnitude of the sub-prime mortgage problems!

I see the dollar is back to over 32. I was wondering what some of you have been getting for the onshore rate. I hope this trend continues. I have been putting off my trip because of the shitty dollar.

BIG MOVE in 24 hours, more than 1 baht...

Live rates at 2007.08.16 15:47:33 UTC

Notice: The THB rate shown below is the international rate. Rates used within Thailand may vary.

1.00 USD = 33.0001 THB

United States Dollars Thailand Baht

1 USD = 33.0001 THB 1 THB = 0.0303029 USD

Off Shore Rate

Nothing as yet to indicate that the extreme weakness of the U.S. dollar against a wide range of currencies has reached a bottom. What we are looking at here is just an interesting shorter term trend. During the past two weeks, the U.S. dollar has strengthened against a wide range of currencies; Baht, CDN, AUS & N.Z. dollars & many others, as well as the Euro:

http://www.x-rates.com/d/EUR/USD/graph120.html

An exception is the Yen, which has had a curious exchange pattern of late against the U.S. dollar. The international sell off in equity markets might be driving the dollar higher short term.

Archived