English language books transtated into Thai

danno6

Not sure if this is the correct forum or not....

I read alot of mystery type books. My wife is always lamenting the fact that she likes to read similar style books, but cannot read english and does not have access to the same titles in Thai. She once had a Patricia Cornwell book in Thai....so these have to exist. Any thoughts on where I can buy these in the US?

Thanks

My library at home asked me to recommend some Thai language books for their international section. I recommended the standards - Kukrit Pramote and folks like that. I also recommended Malulee Pinsuwan's great "Cooking Thai Food in American Kitchens". Somebody must have liked it, since they stole the cookery bookery within a month!

thanks for the links....exactaely what I am looking for but with more variety (dcothai has 7 books translated into thai)...

our local library is for a town of 3000....not a real great selection of english books!

But your local library is probably linked to a larger library system from which you can borrow books.

I agree with the suggestion that you encourage her to improve her English. Even if she lives in Thailand, the universe of publications and literature available in the Thai language is limited.

IMHO, this is why Thais often seem to have such a parochial and limited outlook on matters. I also suspect there is a self-reinforcing cycle between the variety of books available in Thai and the fact - often commented upon here - that Thailand does not have a reading culture. It's also reflected in higher education. The best universities in the world don't use Thai as their language of instruction.

Archived