Dollhouse arrogance?

Palatkik

As was said before the atmosphere in each bar seems to change very fast. The last time I went to G spot I got a cold reception but the time before that the minute I would go into the bar one if not two girls would sit beside me. Thats the beauty of it all it's never the same.

Francis

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny you guys mention that... I got the cold shoulder in the Dollhouse Pattaya even though the girls smiled a little. My friend Kevin and I did not even bother to sit down. We looked around and said "this place has no excitement whatsoever" and left... There was another place down one of the Sois leading from the middle of walking street. Looks like one of the major go gos in Pattaya. Just think of the biggest go go at the end of a dead end Soi. That place gave us the FROZEN shoulder. They had guys serving drinks there too. What is management thinking? This was the one place I saw the "Bangkok shuffle". This BG was just shifting her weight and creasing her ankle on the left leg only so her 10 inch shoes touched the floor sideways. I looked at the scene, got my drink 10 minutes later than I ordered it, looked at kevin and swallowed my jack and coke in one gulp and got the hell out of there. Super Queen in Patpong was the only other one where we did not have anyone approach us. Another one drink and bye bye stop...

Mykal

Bars: Folks say bars change quickly even over a short 4-month period.

Having viewed several bars over a period of time I'd say bars have on and off nights. The disparity between a good night and a bad night at Dollhouse is wider than most but in my opinion it has more good/ok nights than bad. I can see how some folks can say the girls are sometimes standoffish but I would prefer this to getting hounded every second you are in a bar. I never had any problems making eye contact or expressing my interest. Having said that, I did have a Dollhouse girl go into my pockets and take $1,500 baht after I was particularly jai dee. Hopefully she is being a bit more intelligent. I do not hold this against Dollhouse and still go back because of the atmosphere. This girl was just particularly dumb and I've already talked with her. I don't believe this is a reflection of any of the other dancers else I would never go there again.

Impressions are quickly made by the first girl to approach you. Usually asking for a lady drink. How fast she asks, how she asks, and what she says if you turn her down can set your opinion for the bar.

Before totally panning a place that many people enjoy, I think you have to visit it a few times.

<<burp>>

quote:

Originally posted by gummigut:

Having said that, I did have a Dollhouse girl go into my pockets and take $1,500 baht after I was particularly jai dee. Hopefully she is being a bit more intelligent. I do not hold this against Dollhouse and still go back because of the atmosphere. This girl was just particularly dumb and I've already talked with her. I don't believe this is a reflection of any of the other dancers else I would never go there again.

<<burp>>

Hmmmm, very interesting gummigut.

I contrast your comments here with those in another thread where you said you would advocate boycotting Angelwitch because of the actions of one or more girls from that bar at the recent Dance Contest at Dollhouse.

Just as you mentioned here, I don't think what those gals did was too cool, however, the bar where they happen to work should not be held responsible for their actions. Boycotting a bar because of something stupid done by one of the employees (stealing a bucket of money, or from one's pocket) is not enough to diss the whole bar IMO. Unless of course that bar's management had something to do with the theft. And, I don't think that was the case.

So, just as you like the atmosphere in Dollhouse and keep going, I feel the same way about Angelwitch. I think in both cases the other stuff should not enter into play.

I've never been to Dollhouse. However it was placed very highly in a poll of sanukers favourite bars.

I was planning to visit there on my next trip because of that.

How does that reconcile with you guys slagging it off? Is it overrated?

quote:

Originally posted by Sarisin:

Hmmmm, very interesting gummigut.

I contrast your comments here with those in another thread where you said you would advocate boycotting Angelwitch because of the actions of one or more girls from that bar at the recent Dance Contest at Dollhouse.

Just as you mentioned here, I don't think what those gals did was too cool, however, the bar where they happen to work should not be held responsible for their actions. Boycotting a bar because of something stupid done by one of the employees (stealing a bucket of money, or from one's pocket) is not enough to diss the whole bar IMO. Unless of course that bar's management had something to do with the theft. And, I don't think that was the case.

So, just as you like the atmosphere in Dollhouse and keep going, I feel the same way about Angelwitch. I think in both cases the other stuff should not enter into play.

There is a BIG difference between the Angel Witch 'incident' and the DollHouse 'incident' describe by gummigut. the difference is WHO was involved on both cases.

Angel Witch 'wife' of the owner (Pimm) was directly involved on the money collection and run of their friends with the money.

The DollHouse girl who pick gummigut's money was one of the dancers...

Big difference ... isn't?.

We are the big guilties about girls picking money of out pockets... since normally nobody complains openly to the bar owners... I'm 99% sure that if gummigut went at that time to the DollHouse Manager the problem was going to be inmediatelly solved.

PS: Due to the Angel Witch 'incident' during the Dancing Contest held at the DollHouse I'm not recommending any boicot to the bar... I am nobody to recommend anything to anybody... but I do perfectly know what is going to be my personal position about that bar and their owners... Please also note the none of the Nanapong board moderators or organisers of the DC has been spreading around bad name on Angel Witch... we simply described the problem we had at our board... OK... maybe we qualified somebody to be a lowlife... but that's all... that's the minimum we could do... smile.gif" border="0

By all means try it out. The bottom line was mentioned by several posters already - YMMV on any given night. I based my views on two trips in the past 5 months, in which I hit Dollhouse 7 - 10 times and never got more than passing interest. Is this cause I expect to be oohhed and ahhed at? Yes. I'm used to being screamed about in go go's and beerbars alike, so when I get blown off and see my friends (who live there) get blown off, I think somethings up. Maybe they're looking for older, higher rollers, or asian tour groups maybe. Probably wouldn't bother me in another club but Dollhouse is full of stunners IMHO.

Smitty

Mykal - I hope the club you got dissed at wasn't Happy A go go, pulled two stunners there and loved the place (of course)!

quote:

Originally posted by SoiAngel:

Angel Witch 'wife' of the owner (Pimm) was directly involved on the money collection and run of their friends with the money.

smile.gif" border="0

Soi Angel, thank you for filling in the blanks here a bit. That is a pretty serious accusation above which I'm sure you can substantiate or you would not have posted it here. 'Directly involved' to me means she took part in collecting the money and ran off with it. Am I wrong?

At any rate, I don't know her or the owner, but I know the manager in Angelwitch so the next time I visit (maybe tonight) I will see what he has to say.

Actually, you have to question the smarts of this Pimm pulling a stunt like this particularly as it appears folks knew she was directly involved.

Anyway, my thanks again for posting about this incident, and also thanks to you and your nanapong colleagues for the Dance Contest. A great experience! Please do another on a weekend evening sir.

quote:

Originally posted by Sarisin:

Soi Angel, thank you for filling in the blanks here a bit. That is a pretty serious accusation above which I'm sure you can substantiate or you would not have posted it here. 'Directly involved' to me means she took part in collecting the money and ran off with it. Am I wrong?

At any rate, I don't know her or the owner, but I know the manager in Angelwitch so the next time I visit (maybe tonight) I will see what he has to say.

Actually, you have to question the smarts of this Pimm pulling a stunt like this particularly as it appears folks knew she was directly involved.

Anyway, my thanks again for posting about this incident, and also thanks to you and your nanapong colleagues for the Dance Contest. A great experience! Please do another on a weekend evening sir.

A little bit more about the 'incident': Initially a group of katoey were trying to access to The DollHouse and they were nicelly turn down by one of the owners. He just told to them that they coudn't enter unless they were with a bar customer (Man). Then the Angel Witch Dancer came to me and told me that they were her friends... I just told her I'm sorry the club is not mine and I they have some rules.

Around 15 minutes later it arrives Pimm and the Angel Witch dancer came again to me... I do know Pimm since I've been going to Angel Witch lot of times and I was talking with her for a long while... I explained her the situation and I just said to her that I was going to talk with the DollHouse owners in order to make an exception... Since they are very reasonable guys the did the exception... and they allowed them to enter to the club.

Pimm was inside the club all time with their friends and the dancer... at a certain point the dancer started to collect money with a box ... one of the times I went to Pimm's table the dancer came to me with the box and asked money for the collection... saying that Stef gave her the bucket... I didn't sound strange to me since we do know Oh since long time ago... the callection done at Playskool NEP was done by a couple of DollHouse girls... then I put my money in there... Pimm was in front of her when this happened...

How they got caught... I don't know... but was too late since they only left the small notes and coins in the bucket...

Definitivelly Pimm was involved on the affaire...

Sarison: regarding my inconsistent remarks please see Angels posts.

Additionally, I've been in Angelwitch several times. While I only had one bad experience (one of the girls was able to get under my friends center of gravity and literally moved him into the bar. Pretty funny as he probably has 75 lbs on her) and it wasn't really bad, I never had a very good time in there and have had an unfavorable comment addressed at me (not what I felt in a joking manner) when I stuck my head in and decided to leave. While I used to stick my head in to see if I would find it interesting, I no longer do because of the dance contest incident. Interestingly the Katoey grabbed my arm last Friday and I pointed to myself and said, "Nanapong. Mai choop," and my arm was immediately released and I was left alone.

Regarding the dancer at the Dollhouse, I truly believe things would have be rectified if I went to management. I did not go to management mainly because two of my friends have known this girl for 3-4 years and says she is a good person so I went to talk to her myself. Additionally I stated previously that this was an isolated incident and don't believe any of the other dancers would do this, wheras Angelwitch's incident definitely involved a number of folks.

<<burp>>

Archived