Dollhouse arrogance?

Palatkik

Just reading another fine column by Stickman who publishes an email from someone suggesting the arrogance of Dollhouse girls, both dancers and waitresses.

I must say I have noticed this more often than not as well, and wonder what the story is behind this? It's nice to have a hassle free bar to go to but this seems to take it to extremes at times and almsot reminds me of being back in Farang land..perish the thought...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by Palatkik:

Just reading another fine column by Stickman who publishes an email from someone suggesting the arrogance of Dollhouse girls, both dancers and waitresses.

I must say I have noticed this more often than not as well, and wonder what the story is behind this? It's nice to have a hassle free bar to go to but this seems to take it to extremes at times and almsot reminds me of being back in Farang land..perish the thought...

Well, Palatkik, I wouldn't go as far as comparing any of the nightspots here to places in Farang Land, but I see your point.

I once went to Dollhouse in CEP with a few guys. We were sitting at the bar and the dancers seemed to be going out of their way to ignore us - what was in the mirror was far more interesting to them.

Then, a fellow sitting not too far away from us excitedly rang the bell which signaled free drinks for all the dancers on stage. In most bars, the dancers would go ballistic with their good fortune and often would reward the sanuk of the bellringer with hugs and kisses.

The Dollhouse dancers' reaction?

Well, um, none.

That's right the drinks were poured, lined up on the bar, and the dancers picked up their drinks when their set was finished. They totally ignored the bellringer.

But since that incident I have gone to Dollhouse in Pattaya and Bangkok and had a lot of fun. Yes, some of the dancers can be a bit aloof, and the bar does seem to be cliquish. However, the Dance Contest was outstanding there and the Dollhouse dancers were very friendly. One of the best times I have had was in Pattaya a few months back when they sent all the service girls on stage. The manager down there is a real character.

So, like every bar, I think one's experience can be so different depending on the date/time you were there. I haven't seen Stick's column yet, but maybe the guy just picked a bad night(s) to be in Dollhouse.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the re-opening of other gogo bars back in CEP, because I would not go to CEP just to visit Dollhouse - unless there was Dance Contest there.

It never fails to amaze me how quickly things change in LOS,in bars especially. Go into a place after three or four months and a bar can be so different to how it was on the last visit, new girls, new atmosphere, new management and sometimes a new name over the entrance.

Last xmas I thought Dollhouse CEP was one of the best a go go bars I had ever been in. Going in last month I thought it was one of the worst.I counted five girls dancing and four of those were on the heavy side,drinks were 110 baht and the atmosphere was a 0.The one in Pattaya had more dancers but they were hardly what you could call friendly.

The bars that impressed me last month were Playskool NEP for nice friendly girls and plenty of em, DC10 for great music and hard rock, great party atmosphere.-peter

quote:

Personally, I'm looking forward to the re-opening of other gogo bars back in CEP, because I would not go to CEP just to visit Dollhouse - unless there was Dance Contest there.[/QB]

quote:

Originally posted by Sarisin:

and the bar does seem to be cliquish. However..

Yes I was going to say cliquish myself, but wasn't sure if was just me being ignored at Dollhouse due to my dashing good looks! That being said I have had the odd good moment in the bar, and more recently very much enjoyed the atmosphere at the Pattaya branch. I would have to say I have had ten times more fun and warm welcomes in other bars though and on a more consistent basis.

I too look forward to the rest of CEP reopening and the choice of more places to pick from. A bit of competition is always good.

One thing I have noticed is that when you have a strong farang management presence in a Go-Go bar in Thailand the girls seem to adopt this aloof stance at times. TQ1 in Pattaya is another bar that comes to mind here. Compare that with say Thigh Bar or Safari in Patpong or most bars in NEP where the girls cannot keep their hands off you. Then again perhaps it just depends on when you go?

Cheers,

quote:

Originally posted by Palatkik:

One thing I have noticed is that when you have a strong farang management presence in a Go-Go bar in Thailand the girls seem to adopt this aloof stance at times. you go?

I agree with that. The bars run by Thais are far better.

I find the Pattaya Doll House girls to be attractive but very hard core.

I bar fined one lass there in April and she tried several petty scams on me, and then returned for more in Sept. and as soon as I stopped buying lady drinks for a couple girls they suddenly went from being very nice to very cold and bitchy. Totally unwarranted.

I'll be back, as the staff turnover is great, but one more bad experience and that's it.

Archived