Fidel

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From www.projectvisa.com

Visa Information for India

Visa Information

Everyone needs a visa to visit India.

Tourist visas are valid for six months from the date of issue, and cost around $30. Processing takes from one day to one week

If you apply in a country other than your home country a telex charge is applied to your application. This can range from $5 to $50 depending on the embassy where you apply. This process takes a week.

If you would like to stay in India for longer than six months, you will need to leave the country and apply for another visa. Getting another visa after you have had two in a row may prove a little difficult. Kathmandu is a good place for this at the moment.

It's a pain in the ass to get one in Bangkok, or at least was in my case. I think I had to go on a monday morning, missed most of the morning dropping off the application, and then went back on a friday and missed another half day of work while the fuckers studiously avoided being helpful and everyone in the cue pushed and shoved and acted like they were in India. Once you're inside the gates of the embassy, it's like you're in India - useless guards drinking tea, smells like urine, and the bureaucrats are assholes. I'd recommend having an agent handle it, if that's possible, just to avoid the lost time and aggravation.

YimSiam

yep do as advised let the travel agent do the visa job while they book your flight & hotel.

I was told if I wanted 'fast track' process travel agent couldn't help so I was badly adviced to head to the embassy in person, but even with company seals, bribe money & other shit the fuckers didn't do the job a single second faster than the papers said it should.

Thus my proposed 5 day biz trip turned into a 3 day one & thus India lost out on some $ while I saved 2 days in shit hole Delhi ;)

Win Win :up:

To be fair at least the staff didn't treat their own desperate citizen's one inch better either :down:

Archived