W. VA Is Off My Holiday Trip Schedule

Steve

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20726968/?GT1=10357

Authorities said Tuesday they are considering hate crime charges in the case of a woman who was tortured while being held captive for at least a week...

Six people, all white, including a mother and son and a mother and daughter, were arrested in connection with the alleged abduction of the 20-year-old black woman

No hate crimes charges.

[color:blue]Authorities decided Wednesday not to pursue hate crime charges in the kidnapping and weeklong torture of a black woman, instead going after the suspects, who are white, on state charges that carry stiffer penalties.

While federal civil rights or state hate crime charges remain an option, a state kidnapping count that carries a sentence of up to life in prison will provide the best chance for successful prosecution, officials said.[/color]

Cheers,

SD

I suppose you are aware of the famous sign that used to hang in Winston County, Alabama: "N-, don't let the sun set on you in this town."

Thankfully, that is no longer true and Double Springs has a black MD now. People actually can grow up eventually.

A friend told me about his father selling sewing machines in the 1930s. He had a black helper. He was driving up onto Sand Mountain, when some good old boys stopped him. He explained what he was doing, and they said: "You can go up, but HE stays." He wasn't about to leave his helper with them, so he turned around and drove off. :shocked:

Archived