It pays to have a sponsor

bust

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No' date=' but it wouldn't surprise me if you get your room/bags searched by officials looking for bribes or the chance to nail a foreigner known to associate with criminals. [/quote']

It would surprise me. Don't worry I associated with much less desirable people than her. :grin:

Guy I knew worked for Hilton installing servers at hotels around the world including Colombia... Said that in the Bahamas, the authorities simply would not believe that he wasn't a smuggler.

Searched him thoroughly on more than one occasion including turning his hotel room over..

It takes at least 2.5 to 3 hours to get out of LAX nowadays when I come back from LOS. There area few customs people there who are sure I'm smuggling. lol...only black guy on a flight full of mostly Asians with Thai origination country and has multiple entries in and out of Thailand over the last several years is a little suspicious

admittedly...I'd search me given that circumstantial information, but it is tedious after a long flight and you want to just get home and having to be at the airport for a few hours while they search your bags, person and question you ad nauseum. The full body cavity search and x ray hasn't happened yet, but I have a suspicion its going to at some point.

I've been done (full search, less the rubber glove and x-ray)here in Sydney. They even mentioned a few dark marks in my past just to let me know they had an eye on me. No problems as I am not a fool. Too many guys I know have made the mistake of thinking they could get away with things only to learn the hard way. Worst one by far was getting stopped along the highway between Tak and Nakhon Sawan in a random check-point. They went through absolutely everything ,car, luggage, under the wheel arches, mats, dashboard etc.

Archived