It pays to have a sponsor

bust

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have just finished chatting online with the Farmers Daughter. She just spent 2 nights in the cells. Apparently her and her friend got picked up with 100 yaba tabs the other night. So the first thing she does is contact the Texan. 40,000 baht and slap on the wrist and a extremely angry reuniting with her parents and that's the end of it. Her friend on the other hand doesn't have a farang sponsor. For her it was straight to court and 7-8 years. Justice at it's finest.

Do the authorities know your identity? Can this come back to bite you in some way?

No, but it wouldn't surprise me if you get your room/bags searched by officials looking for bribes or the chance to nail a foreigner known to associate with criminals.

It would surprise me. Don't worry I associated with much less desirable people than her. :grin:

No' date=' but it wouldn't surprise me if you get your room/bags searched by officials looking for bribes or the chance to nail a foreigner known to associate with criminals. [/quote']

It would surprise me. Don't worry I associated with much less desirable people than her. :grin:

Guy I knew worked for Hilton installing servers at hotels around the world including Colombia... Said that in the Bahamas, the authorities simply would not believe that he wasn't a smuggler.

Searched him thoroughly on more than one occasion including turning his hotel room over..

Archived