Balcony - Hotels lower Suk.?

Donut

Hopefully the reason you want a balcony isn't the same reason they're mostly used for in Pattaya - jumping off!

Just curious - why do you want a balcony in Bangkok? Sitting out in the smog doesn't sound that appealing to me.

And sorry, don't no any places off the top of my head. Maybe Tim from Thai Hotel Discounts can help.

:thumbup: Don't worry Moo Noi - no jumping, it's actually for my Dad who likes to smoke pibe. Anyway, enjoying a cold beer on a balcony late night in Bangkok is to me fantastic regardless of smog etc.

I did ask Tim but without any luck. Thanks for your reply /D

I would choose a hotel with balcony too if there were reasonable one in the lower Sukhumvit in the 1000-1500 baht range. Stable Lodge is overpriced for what you get, I didn't like that place at all, actually checked out after one night. Park Hotel rooms have small balconies but they were so filthy, propably hadn't been cleaned for years :(

Nanatai mansions at the end of Sukhumvit 4 has rooms with a kind of "balcony" area - an outside bit where you can put a chair or two. Pretty basic - if you get on the right side, you'll have a view of the canal/walkway, tobacco factory and fields and, I guess now, more skyrises.

Haven't stayed there for 5 years but should be around 1000B. Nice staff, good value at the time.

Hello All, thanks for your input. It seems that this balcony detail is not hight og the priority list of the members. As already mentioned I consider a cold beer on a balcony in the BKK at night a great treat for my soul. That said, I guess that we can live without -and that my Dad will have to live with Stable lodge or quit smoking :D (I know you are watching Dad) :thumbup:

I've had mixed experiences with Stable Lodge, sometimes really annoying like towels delivered still damp and reeking of Sodium Hydroxide (their idea of disinfectant), to the top left front room being my idea of heaven on earth.

I've learnt one thing, the cuties at reception will move said heaven and earth for you if you treat 'em nice, and be suitably stunned when you arrive for breakfast with tall or multiple companions.

Value for money? Slightly on the high side, good pool, bad restaurant, great location.

And like you, feet up on a balcony, drink, ciggie, bbbj in the sultry bangkok night..... priceless :)

Cheers

Coss

Archived