Beer vs. Spirits vs. Wine: The Better Buzz?

Fiery Jack

I've been experimenting lately. :) Had a few nights drinking vodka and diet coke all night instead of beer. :up: I've found that when I'm on vodka, I tend to feel hardly any effect at all until I've had about 8 shots, then it suddenly hits me like a train and I'm ratarsed. Whereas beer's a gradual thing: I start feeling warm and well after the second beer, the silliness peaks at five or six beers, then I tend to get sluggish and hit a downhill slope until a kind of oblivion arrives. :drunk:

With all of which in mind, I reckon I'm a beer man. The vodka makes talking sense a more viable long-term option, but the sudden switch into pissedness I get on vodka is a nuisance, as it really is one minute sober as a judge then the next talking shite. :clown: The gradual step-by-step progresion into lunacy :clown: and bad behaviour :hubba: that I get from beer are much more acceptable.

Only downside is I read that a bottle/pint of lager's got 200 calories in the bastard but a vodka diet coke only runs in at 70 calories a spin? No wonder I'm getting f*cking fat. :(

Anyway, never mind the beer gut. What about the buzz, lads? You a beer man or a spirits man, and why? :applause: If you're a teetotaller who gave up boozing (Old Hippie :clown: ) vote for what you used to be. Don't be a spoilsport and ignore it just because you don't booze nowadays. :)

Wine, by the way, tastes like piss to me and puts me to sleep, so that's simple enough. :sleeping:

Cheers, :beer:

jack :help:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me

beer - slow and gradual after 6 or 10 very tired.

wine - faster than beer, then very tired

but spirits! well here we go

Vodka as you say, but you should be drinking a bottle of Stollie or the like that's been in the freezer till it's almost oily - it won't freeze you see. Shots of that - very good. Don't put it in coke or anything, adulterates the buzz. A drunk drunk.

Gin drunker quicker and messier, good gin & tonic is nice in the tropics. An emotional drunk.

Rum only ever been blind drunk on this, no matter how I try it. A can't remember drunk.

Whiskey if it's Red Label or Mekhong or Sangtip, by all means cocacola it. Any thing better,and there's lots that's way better, just a cube or two of ice is the way to go. Laphroaig (sp?) is my favourite du jour, the kind of whiskey I can drink 1/2 or more of a bottle and still play a reasonable game of chess. An almost rational and sober drunk.

Tequila got to be good quality and lime and salt, wahoo! A dancing on the tables and wondering how you ended up with so many people in yer bed drunk.

Something made out kelp from South Korea do not drink this in any quantities of more than a teaspoon. You WILL die.

But a really good bottle of Chateau Neuf Du Pape´ is a bottle of [color:red]red[/color] wine to remember.

My opinion, as always, may change.

Cheers

Coss

Archived