Would this Work? Does it Already Exist

Gadfly

SD, SD, SD. :rolleyes: I'm :surprised: at you. :shakehead Wine bars are meant to be sophisticated places where you can enjoy good wine and intelligent conversation. Not seedy vice dens where the staff will suck you off for the price of a couple of glasses of cheap red. :nono:

And after you come in their mouths, they swill your spunk around a bit and pronounce it "a fine vintage" before daintily spitting it into a beautiful bucket. :thumbup:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeh Jazz and the gogo shuffle.....that'll work.

Wine by the glass....yeh that'll work also. Can you imagine, a Nice Chateauneuf du Pape and you get safeway's own.

Dude, no matter how hard you polish a turd, it's never going to shine. A gogo bar is nasty, as it should be.

Next you'll be asking if it could be stocked with Chula's finest for some intelligent conversation.

On that subject, what do fellas ever want intelligent conversation with a BG. I see chaps trying it but wooosh over it goes.

PS the staff wouldnt need to know shit about wine because 98% of customers have no idea what they are bing sold, they just think it makes them look good pretending.

Ive served some right shit in my time and was caught once!

Point taken on staff, but I am not so concerned. I don't care. And even if most won't care and won't learn, a few will. Will enough, and is there enough demand? Don't know. Is this just futile effort to polish a turd call it someting else. No, but I am not sure if that is what you will end up. But I do know what I want in bar, and wondering how many others want the same thing.

I agree mate, what peeople want in a 'perfect' bar is solely a personal choice and noone has the right to dis you for it.

I'd love a glass of wine in your bar, listen to some jazz and watch the girl dance around a sax. But it's your choice mate and not what the punters chase.

Personally, I'd like to see a Karen long neck deep throat fest but I get called a troll for that.

Tell you what, I'm going to start a new threadon just that.

Lookie Lookie on 33 has a decent wine selection (or maybe that was just for a wine tasting they did. Aussie wines then (Aussie owner).

Christie's has a full wine cellar (one of those refrigerator thingies), but do not know what they stock.

Big Shotz has a fine (and ever changing, for better or worse) spirits collection.

But none of them play jazz.

How about Piano or Violin on Ekkamai?

Cheers,

SD

I will check this place out, IME I have not found a decent wine outlet in BKK or PTTY.

Are we talking Hardys, Lindemanns and jacobs Creek

or some higher class stuff like Penfolds, Grange etc

Archived