Would this Work? Does it Already Exist

Gadfly

A go go bar, or even a hostess bar, that serves good wine (maybe a revolving selection), serves light snacks (maybe sushi?), plays jazz, is comfortable and clean, and the girls are available and young?

Soi 33 seems like a likely venue for such a place, but I haven't seen anything there that really provides all of this. Is there such a place? Would it work? Or is this just not workable for the type of crowds that go go and hostess bars profit from?

I know I would be a regular visitor to such a place and would pay a premimum for these features, but I also know my tastes aren't always consistent with market norms. On the other hand, I am not the only 50ish guy in the bars. Any suggestions or thoughts?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lookie Lookie on 33 has a decent wine selection (or maybe that was just for a wine tasting they did. Aussie wines then (Aussie owner).

Christie's has a full wine cellar (one of those refrigerator thingies), but do not know what they stock.

Big Shotz has a fine (and ever changing, for better or worse) spirits collection.

But none of them play jazz.

How about Piano or Violin on Ekkamai?

Cheers,

SD

Lookie Lookie on 33 has a decent wine selection (or maybe that was just for a wine tasting they did. Aussie wines then (Aussie owner).

Christie's has a full wine cellar (one of those refrigerator thingies), but do not know what they stock.

But do the staff know about wine, which is essential? I very much doubt it. :shakehead

Also who's going to go into a wine bar if it's got a stupid name like Lookie Lookie. :)

i really love decent wines, but i would never drink one in a hostess bar and certainly not in a gogo. i also like to listen to operas, but i would never ask a DJ in a gogo to play La Traviata!

the fact that the staff does not know anything about wine does not matter. i have hardly seen any staff in even a rather decent restaurant in LOS, who has much idea about wines!

Archived