Would this Work? Does it Already Exist

Gadfly

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SD, SD, SD. :rolleyes: I'm :surprised: at you. :shakehead Wine bars are meant to be sophisticated places where you can enjoy good wine and intelligent conversation. Not seedy vice dens where the staff will suck you off for the price of a couple of glasses of cheap red. :nono:

P.S. Do you know any that do? :o

I know of one that's "quite good"....but you need to be on your toes....cos when you buy "Lady Scones", the sneaky wenches try to scam you by ordering Cream as well as Jam...and putting two chits on your tab....LOL....

:grinyes::rotl::rotl::rotl::neener::neener::rotl::rotl::rotl::grinyes:

I'm of like mind, can't stand the 'jazz lounge' concept, the music bores and irritates me. I wasn't aware you had to dress up in a 5 star hotel.

I guess a nice relaxed chilled out place is a good idea, dimly lit, big sofas, good food, good wine, background music for downtime, other for events. I liked the Atom Egoyan movie 'exotica' concept. Nothing like this exists afaik.

Would not work IMHO.

Champagne bar is the closest to what you described.

Cigers - Wines - jazz band on some nights but they do not fare well.

Let's talk about what you need:

- Excellent and easy to reach and find location

(you will pay a premium for that) count around

300K to far more for such a location.

- Wines: Decent ones cost a lot (importation taxes plus you have to take into account the time to "free" the goods at the customs)

- Staff: At least a bartender who knows her/his wines

Then you have to think hard about your market niche.

If you have ladies ready to take away (even if they are dressed and behave like in titanium)?

Etc......

And do not forget one of the big costs -> pay the police and it could cost you a premium too.

All in all -> this is the kind of venue that would maybe work if:

- You have money to invest and can afford to loose it

- Are able to attract the japanese - korean and expat crowd on a regular basis.

I think the idea of an up market (in the farang style) gogo has potential. I don't think food would work, but fine spirits, wine and cigars in plush surroundings would be a refreshing change for those who can afford it, and there are plenty who can in Bangkok.

My vision is a few individual dancing podiums with hostess girls mingling in theme costumes, perhaps topless or in see though lingerie (think Lao). Perhaps some tastefully choreographed lesbo shows every hour.

It would certainly take a good manager to get the female staff to really make an effort to create a unique experience. I could see it being a nice place to take your favorite BF-du-jour after making a selection in one of the other typical haunts.

And finally, a generous and dark naughty boys corner would round it out perfectly.

Archived