Come to LOS and give your money away!

Flashermac

THE NATION

5 Oct 2007

Brit says Thai woman dumps him after getting his Bt17 million

A 63-year-old Briton called for help from the authorities to force a Thai woman to return his money nearly Bt17 million after she chased him out of her house.

Stephen Jones said he had met the woman in Pattaya in 2001 and decided to sell all of his assets in England and gave the money to her to buy a house and plots of land in Kalasin to live with her.

But the woman chased him out of the house two months ago after she had got all of his money.

He said he was broke and wanted his money back so that he could return to his homeland.

Kalasin chief public prosecutor said the woman could not yet be charged with cheating because the two had married.

He said the Kalasin public prosecutor office would investigate to see if the assets had been bought with Jones' money or not and would see if Jones had willingly given the assets to the woman.

He said it was possible that Jones could sue the woman for equal divisions of the assets.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, this guy got to the end of the highway....and had the near fatal accident. I wonder what bullshit she will cook up...he beat her, cheated on her etc etc...can't wait for the punchline.

But really, what a prize idiot. I wonder how old the lady is...met her in Pattaya...durrrrrrrrrr!

How disappointing... I thought this thread was a new promo for the Thailand Elite card!

Not that I'm thinking of a road trip on the SSK highway anytime soon, but if a farang marries a Thai woman, continues to screw around, and then she says she wants a divorce due to his infidelity, does she get it? What about assets?

This guy handed about half a million US to a Pattaya girlfriend, and is now crying foul... just another case of economic darwinism, it seems. Somebody slap me around and put me on a plane if I ever show signs of such stupidity, I'll pay you back with interest after I sober up...

YimSiam

Sad and desperate and vulnerable I am, but at least I know the market value of a touch of ho-warmth and ho-love, and it ain't 17 million baht...

Thanks, Faustian, for agreeing to look out for me - so far the closest I've come is intermittent wiring of modest sums of cash to TGs who were in trouble of some sort (or said they were: I'm sadly desperate, vulnerable AND gullible) or who I thought could use a little boost, for old times' sake...

I wonder what he was planning to get for 17 million baht in Kalasin?

YimSiam

Archived