Kuwait Airways

The_Munchmaster

Two weeks ago I was at Swampypoon airport on my way back to Dubai and as I approached the Etihad check-in counter a guy came up to me and asked if I was German. He sounded as if he was and I said "No". He then told me that he had been in the airport all night (this was about 6 pm), that he was going to have to stay for another night, that he didn't have any money and could I give him 50 or 100 Baht to buy some food.

I obviously enquired why he couldn't get a flight out and he said he was flying Kuwait Airways and they never guarantee seats and that what was happening to him happened all the time with KA.

I didn't bother to ask anything else, gave him Baht 100 and checked in.

Seemed strange though. :confused:

I flew from BKK to Manila a few years back, the only unusual thing I noticed was they had a private departure lounge with their own security people. This included a tent set up so the Arab women could be searched in private by female security guards.

My KA flight was once delayed in Manila and KA took us to a Manila hotel even though it was only for a few hours and fed us dinner and breakfast. There was a further 24 hour delay in Kuwait and they put us up in an airport hotel. They certainly don't leave people stranded at the airport.

I'll have you know that I gave a beggar £4 at Euston train station on 30 December last year (and he was black!). :angel:

So never let it be said that the Scots are tight. :mad:

He wanted it to buy a Burger King meal but as soon as I gave him the money he legged it off somewhere else (probably to buy some booze). :cussing:

Archived