Bangkok Moving Sale: Computer, Appliances, Furnature, Cell Phones, More!...

BCMike

BCMike, sending you an email in a couple days. Might be interested in some including the computer. I think it would be best if you just ignored the naysayers. If they don't like it then why not just ignore the post and let it die?

BTW: it might be a good idea to update your original post or add another reply to this one with what you have left and any price updates.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BCMike, sending you an email in a couple days. Might be interested in some including the computer. I think it would be best if you just ignored the naysayers. If they don't like it then why not just ignore the post and let it die?

BTW: it might be a good idea to update your original post or add another reply to this one with what you have left and any price updates.

You are absolutely right about ignoring the naysayers. I'll acknowledge that they have brought up some valid points, but I still do not think my asking price was completely out of line and I still don't understand why this is such a big deal to them.

That said, I'm not sure if I can update the original post but I will update my asking price to something I think is more reasonable - 19,500 baht (or best offer).

I have received 2 offers on it so far but have not decided if I will accept them yet. Thanks for your interest and I look forward to hearing from you.

As for my other item for sale: Everything has been sold except for the Computer system and the cell phones (which are pending sale).

Will you be contributing anything to any of the topics on the board or indeed starting any topics once you return to Canada?

Possibly, but am I not contributing to some members of this board now by offering my things for sale in the 'Shopping and Classifieds' section? Do you really think that I am exploiting this forum because to this point I have only posted in this topic?

I admit that I did not find out about this forum until recently, but you can see that I did register a while before posting my ad and I have been reading some of the topics since that time, I have just not felt the need to post as I generally don't unless I have something to contribute that I feel is useful.

When I moved to Bangkok last May, I was looking to buy many of the things I am now selling, and my searches led me to find a few things advertised on the thaivisa.com forums. Because I found that messageboard from those ads, I registered there and have made several contributions on many different topics (search for my username there if you like). I believe public message boards like this flourish with more members, and it's a good thing to attract new members by contributing useful or helpful information, and I think that classified ads like this one are a part of that. I can understand the desire to keep spammers and retailers or commercial ventures from clogging up the message board with free advertising, but come on, I'm just trying to sell a few of the things I don't need anymore and I know there are people out there that are getting settled in that would be happy to buy these things.

I may not post here once I'm back in Canada, but I have grown to love Thailand since I've been here and there is a very good chance I will return, at which point I probably will visit these forums again. But I don't understand the continuing animosity towards my simple ad? I'm sure all the members are not so unwelcoming but if you want more contribution here I would suggest being a little more friendly and forgiving to new members.

Archived