Bangkok Moving Sale: Computer, Appliances, Furnature, Cell Phones, More!...

BCMike

We are moving back to Canada on October 24, 2007 and have many things to sell from our Bangkok Apartment including appliances, furniture, electronics, and a very nice computer system. All items priced to sell! Most of these things were purchased brand new in the last 5 months and many of them are complete with the original boxes, manuals, and receipts.

We are located on Sukhumvit Soi 23 close to the Sukhumvit MRT Station and the Asok BTS Station.

If you are interested or would like to take a look, please contact us:

Email: bcmike@gmail.com

Mobile: 084-376-1009 (until 18/10/2007)

Home: 02-662-3452 (until 24/10/2007)

For photos and descriptions, see this web site:

http://picasaweb.google.ca/bcmike/BangkokMovingSale02

Desktop Computer & 19â? LCD Monitor System: 22000 Baht

â?¢AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ dual core processor with Arctic Cooling CPU Heat Sink

â?¢19" BenQ LCD display, DVI cable, no dead pixels

â?¢NVidia GeForce 6800 video card with digital DVI and VGA output (supports dual monitors)

â?¢1GB RAM with 2 free slots (easy to upgrade to 2GB or more)

â?¢Brand new 250GB SATAII hard drive with 5 year warranty and receipt

â?¢DGET case with front and back USB, 2-80mm fans (front and side) + 1-120mm Rear fan.

â?¢New install of Windows XP SP2 with all current updates and drivers, also Vista ready

â?¢DVD+/-RW DL drive

â?¢3.5" Floppy drive

â?¢Logitech multimedia keyboard and Logitech 8-button optical mouse

â?¢2.1 Stereo speakers + subwoofer

â?¢All required cables/boxes/manuals

Office Work Table with folding legs: 1000 Baht

â?¢150â? x 80â? (380cm x 150cm)

â?¢Bought in Office Center. New price: 2327 Baht

Office Task Chair: 500 Baht

â?¢Bought in Office Center. New price: 1397 Baht

Nokia 1110i Cell Phones with SIM & airtime: 1100 Baht each

â?¢2 phones in excellent condition, used for only 5 months

â?¢Both phones come with original box, manual, charger, AIS 12call SIM card & at least 600 Baht airtime credit.

â?¢One brown phone, one blue phone.

LG Microwave Oven: 1500 Baht

â?¢800 Watt Model: MS1922H

â?¢Turntable, 19L Capacity

â?¢Only 4 months old, still have box and receipt

Panasonic Rice Cooker: 300 Baht

â?¢0.6L Includes measuring cup, original box & manual â?? purchased from Robinson in May 2007

Aiko Steam Iron and Ironing Board: 400 Baht

â?¢Original box and receipt â?? used only 3 times since June 2007

Hair Straightener: 100 Baht (Deluxe model with ceramic heater and multiple heat settings â?? used 2 times since June 2007)

Impact Drill with masonry bit: 100 Baht (Basic reversible power drill, used 2 times, still have box and manual)

Clamp on Lamp: 100 Baht

Small Coffee Table: 100 Baht

Power Strips: 50 Baht ea

Electric Kettle (1L): 200 Baht

2-slice Toaster: 100 Baht

Pots, Plates, Utensils, etc.: Free to 100 Baht

Large LED Alarm Clock: 100 Baht

Stacking Plastic Shelves: 100 Baht

Location: Sukhumvit Soi 23 â?? Near Asok BTS or Sukhumvit MRT Station

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apart from the Computer why advertise the rest?

Power Strip 50 Baht

Plastic Shelves 100 Baht

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

As a starving student, I thought these things should still have some value as I've only used them 5 months and have taken very good care of them. Every 100 Baht I can make back from them is another meal for me. If you want to buy something substantial like the computer or microwave we can negotiate and I'll throw in the lower priced stuff for nothing. On average, I'm asking about 50%-80% less than the new price. If this stuff is not sold by the time I leave, I will give it away.

As for the hair straightener, something my girlfriend recently bought - she uses it on occasion and would like to keep it but none of these 220V appliances will work in Canada. We paid 400 baht for it new.

The computer isn't worth 22,000 baht. You can have a new one made with better specs for less. You've got to be realistic when selling an old computer. 25% of it's purchase price if it's a year old is more realistic.

Then make me an offer! Also, I'd be interested in seeing a computer for sale in Thailand with better specs for less. I have compared new computers at local shops selling for 25000+ with specs that don't come close to the one I am selling. 19" LCD monitors usually sell for 10,000+ alone and the new 250GB disk cost me 2200+. To compare, I just spec'd out a similar setup (using lower quality components where something similar wasn't available) at http://www.jib.co.th/ (This is where I bought the new hard disk at Pantip Plaza and I found they had the best prices in the mall). The system came to 28,000 and that's without a case, fans, keyboard or mouse which are worth at least 3,000 more. So my starting price is about 9,000 less than the best price I can find for a similar system, which I think is a pretty good deal.

It doesn't matter if you think it's a good deal, it's second hand.

Peoples expectations of the value of their second hand belongings and what others will actually pay for them are usually quite far apart, as I have discovered on more than one occassion.

You just have to bite the bullet and accept that you're not going to get what you think things are worth.

It doesn't matter if you think it's a good deal, it's second hand.

Peoples expectations of the value of their second hand belongings and what others will actually pay for them are usually quite far apart, as I have discovered on more than one occassion.

You just have to bite the bullet and accept that you're not going to get what you think things are worth.

It doesn't matter if you think it's not a good deal either then does it? I think my prices are fair and like I said I am open to offers. Since posting these ads yesterday I have already sold the table, chair, iron, kettle, and 3 power strips (yes someone happily paid 50 baht each for them), so I am happy and I have 3 happy buyers. These things may not have significant value to you but I am sure they do to someone else. I have already proven that a comparable computer system is worth much more than my asking price, and it doesn't seem like you know much about the value of a quality desktop computer if you still think I am asking way too much. This is no ordinary Acer or HP system with a low end motherboard, graphics card and small hard disk that you will typically find for sale at a department store. I have invested well over $2300cdn mostly over the last year for the components in this system, so my asking price is around 25% of the original value as you suggested is appropriate. Please stop crapping on my thread unless you are interested in actually buying something.

You could build a new system here with the same specs for half your asking price:

http://www.busitek.com/forms/pricelist.html

New 19" BenQ can be bought for 8000 baht so at most it's worth 5000 second hand.

In total it's worth about half what your asking for it but that's not an offer as I already have a PC with better specs.

Archived