5 Years Since Bali Bombing

Mekong

I have just realised that today is the Fifth anniversary of the Bali Bombings.

A friend of mine from Pattaya Chris Kays was down there for a Rugby 10's tournament and was amongst the 202 victims. His memory still lives on in Pattaya and amongst the Rugby fraternity in Thailand on a whole since the annual International Rugby 10's tournament was renamed "The Chris Kays Memorial Rugby Tournament".

So, tonight I raise my glass to Chris and all the other victims and thank my lucky stars it was not me or any other of us.

A night life area of a popular tourist resort in a SE Asian country packed with foreigners, I think most of us have been in similar areas.

Agree :beer: "Cheer's to Chris, the departed and the Survivors" ... appreciate that the same events could unfold in Thailand (in a farlang-dominated area).......and the effects it would have in say 'Walking Street'

My embassy has been pumping out the dangers for the past few years and given last New Year in BBK, it gave some credence to the warnings....although never did get to the bottom of those events (who, why, etc).

5 years has passed very quickly���.but the memories are as vivid as 9/11.

Onyaâ?¦..hoping for future peace and happiness.

My embassy has been pumping out the dangers for the past few years and given last New Year in BBK, it gave some credence to the warnings....although never did get to the bottom of those events (who, why, etc).

Three words.......Bush, Blair and Howard.

Mekong, I did'nt know anyone involved personally. But I do remember it well as I was returning to the UK just after the bombing on a Garuda flight that originated in Denpasa and went to the UK via Bangkok. There where quite a lot of passengers on there in bandages who had been injured, obviously not too seriously physically. But who knows what mental scars? And the flight was met by the press and tv at Gatwick.

Simie.

That's nice to see. I was there a few months after the 2nd bombing and it was a complete ghost town.

I look forward to going back and being "sinful and engaging and free sex" although according to a Mother of one of the bombers, that gives someone a license to kill me, :cussing:

My embassy has been pumping out the dangers for the past few years and given last New Year in BBK' date=' it gave some credence to the warnings....although never did get to the bottom of those events (who, why, etc).[/quote']

Three words.......Bush, Blair and Howard.

At the time our warnings were Zilch ..then we get a flood of them...all the time now... Thailand included..

To lttle to late back then..... :rip:

Archived