ThaiHotelDiscounts

khunsanuk

Hi,

As I am sure most of you here are aware that ThaiHotelDiscounts sponsors the accommodation forum on the board. The amount of people using it is very low though and Tim, the owner, is very surprised at this as he gets a LOT more bookings from similar sites.

He asked me if I had any idea as to why this is, and I had to admit I did not. So, I'm asking you guys.

Have you ever considered using THD? And if you considered, but didn't, why not?

If you never considered it, why not?

Sanuk!

PS For total clarity, obviously this is of interest to me as well, as Thai360 gets a commission on any hotel room booked through the site.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to book rooms in Bangkok several times for departure days and arrival days from the U.S. though Tim's site. He would check the hotels that I requested but could not get the price as listed. I gave up and got my own room. When he can get the room for the price listed, I do book through him.

I've booked with Tim before, though I probably did not request the 1% discount. If that's what he is measuring, then I would not have been counted.

My problem with them is the cancellation fee policy. Its 900 baht outside of 7 days, and 1 night's rate inside 7 days. I have used there service when I know my plans are firm, but will use anther agency if I think my plans may change.

I tried to book rooms in Bangkok several times for departure days and arrival days from the U.S. though Tim's site. He would check the hotels that I requested but could not get the price as listed. I gave up and got my own room. When he can get the room for the price listed, I do book through him.

Hi Dean,

Thanks for post. The hotel concerned Pinnacle Sukhumvit, has messed us around and simply will not sell to agents during peak season. They do have the rooms available, but prefer to sell directly to the customer. We are no longer selling their hotel.

Tim

I've booked with Tim before, though I probably did not request the 1% discount. If that's what he is measuring, then I would not have been counted.

My problem with them is the cancellation fee policy. Its 900 baht outside of 7 days, and 1 night's rate inside 7 days. I have used there service when I know my plans are firm, but will use anther agency if I think my plans may change.

rchapstick,

Thanks for your reply also. We do need all members to put Thai 360 member in the box on the booking form. Once we know you, like Dumsoda and BJ Blackowitz, you will always get the 1 % and the board will get 1 % also.

Been looking at various sites and their cancellation polices.

Some sites have a fixed fee more than 7 days, or some have a 5 % fee of the total amount. Once we confirm the booking and make payment. If the customer cancels, we pay 2 lots of 3% commission to the bank. One to make payment in the beginning and one more to refund back to the card.

Most sites have a 1 night charge less than 7 days.

You mention using other sites. May I please ask which sites?

Booking directly with the hotel does give flexibility and you usually you don't not have to prepay, but its usually more expensive. The same applies for pay at check out.

Our new website is due out in a few days and will have many new options and hotels to offer you guys Nearly 200 hotels in Bangkok alone.. Our prices effective Nov 1st onwards are very good as well.

All the best.

Tim

I think it's great that THD offers the discount to board members but below is the price difference for the Sandy Spring. I will continue to check for bookings in the future if THD gives the best or close to the best deal I will use them.

THD Price: Suite Seaview Room Only 3,080 THB

Hotel Site: Suite w/Seaview 2,800 Bahts

Archived