ThaiHotelDiscounts

khunsanuk

I think pre-paying for the room is the the main issue for most people. Not a big deal if you're familiar with the place, but most aren't. You're then at the mercy of the hotel. If you get stuck in a crappy room and they can't/won't move you to something better, you're SOL. There's also no real incentive for the hotel to accommodate you since they've already got your money in hand. It would be good business if they did, but TIT. Then if you decide to check out early you're forced to forfeit the money you've paid for the remaining days.

liquidflux,

That's a valid point. I agree with you. However it is difficult during high/peak season. If you do check out early most hotels will not refund anything. However during off season, are more likely to help. I will look into this today and see if we can help in any way.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this was the same thread? We have two threads same subject?

I think most guys don't use Tim because they know where they want to stay, booked it a million times before or live here and Tim doesn't yet have Playboy or Penthouse on his list :)

I have tried a few times to use him, haven't but recommended him to a mate in Canada who booked 7 days for his family in Phuket last week and was VERY happy with Tim's service.

I think the hotels I stay at are too down market to even try e-booking ;)

The amount of people using it is very low though and Tim, the owner, is very surprised at this as he gets a LOT more bookings from similar sites.

wonder, what made Tim conclude this? just the number of times, his website is clicked from this board?

the question should be, how many regular customers Tim got through this board. regular customers that otherwise would not even know that Thaihoteldiscounts exist. regular customers who have bookmarked Tim's site long time ago and do not access it through the board...

Good point samak.

This also made me think of something else, which could be a possibility.

Maybe there are Board members who do not want their real Identity linked to their Board persona!!....Even to be connected on a Booking agents Data base..

Cheers DS

I never use internet booking as I can get walk-in prices much lower often 50 % of the internet bookers price. The percent for the travel agent is normally 13 % and hotels often punish customers by not giving ABF but just continental or nothing. And the hotel I use in Pattaya you don't find on internet... :D

disagree, Mekong!

i am frequent poster, live here and am a frequent visitor to several places in Thailand and like to use THD's services.

OK Samak, we will agree to disagree, what I should have said is "and as such I have no need for THD services"

The wife and I also have frequent trips away and since she works for a company that has branches / offices all over Thailand we can get corporate rate accomidation wherever we travel to.

Archived