Romantic dining on the river

khunsanuk

CW, you're thinking of Kin Lom Chom Saphan. Great food, nice views of the Rama VIII bridge, and inexpensive. KS, it is at the foot of Samsen Soi 3.

As CW mentioned, I've heard of that place (River Bar or something like that). Its near Tha Sanghee/Saphan Krungton and the Royal River Hotel on the Thonburi side (probably a soi off Charansanitwong...66/1?...64?). Supposedly has outside dining with candle-lit tables. But never been there and no idea *exactly* where it is. Samak, any idea? CW, can you expound?

Cheers,

SD

SD, there are actually two places down samsen soi 3. for kin lom chom saphan, go straight down soi 3, you'll hit the car park and then the restaurant. for samsen soi 3, turn left just before hiting kin lom's car park and follow the small road to the river. samsen soi 3 also runs a golf cart from the top of the soi, wher there's parking. samsen soi 3 usually is a much less crowded and more pleasant (romantic, if you will) experience.

if you cross saphan krungthon from the bangkok side you'll see "waterfront" on the left and "riverbar" on the right of the bridge on the thonburi side. very easy to get to. by expressboat get off at saphan sanghee and walk (you'll spot the places from the boat). by car/taxi: cross the bridge, go straight for few hunderd meters, make u-turn, stay in left lane so as not to cross bridge again. for riverbar (and i believe there's a new place next to it as well) turn left into last soi (there's a sign) before the river. for waterfront continue and you'll see their sign. both have live music inside and very pleasant dining areas outside. waterfront is smaller and more intimate, both are excellent and a huge success with thai women...

Whoops... I got it arse about again....I know what I mean!!!!

Baan Klang Nam.....OK??

I'll be back.... but gunna try Riverside ?? as well

Thanks to CW....& Tiger..

I'll post a report in a couple of weeks....but if it's that good I'll NOT post about my "Dessert"...55555

Archived