Romantic dining on the river

khunsanuk

if your friend's gf is a thai 20-something, she'll love waterfront and river bar, on the thonburi side of saphan sanghee.

studio 9 @ patravadi theatre has performances fri and sat evening if your friend wants to impres gf with his artsy credentials - reserve a table on the small riverside terrace.

between patravadi and siriraj (wang lang) pier is a new, small and badly signposted dinner place. haven't been yet but thai friends claim it's good.

samsen soi sam on, well, samsen soi3 has nice views of rama 9 bridge and river, and usually decent acoustic live music.

CW, you're thinking of Kin Lom Chom Saphan. Great food, nice views of the Rama VIII bridge, and inexpensive. KS, it is at the foot of Samsen Soi 3.

Another fav is Baan Klang Naam, at the foot of Rama III Soi 14. Great food and river views (but no bridge).

Both places get quite busy, and pack them in tight, so not *especially* romantic. About as romantic as Ad Makers, but with a better view. But always wildly popular with any GF I've taken there.

As CW mentioned, I've heard of that place (River Bar or something like that). Its near Tha Sanghee/Saphan Krungton and the Royal River Hotel on the Thonburi side (probably a soi off Charansanitwong...66/1?...64?). Supposedly has outside dining with candle-lit tables. But never been there and no idea *exactly* where it is. Samak, any idea? CW, can you expound?

Cheers,

SD

Kwai,

I was looking at that one....Looks great!!...but NO band....

...and "We" just have to have a Band for "Romantic dancing"...

Oh well.....

C ya in a couple of weeks...(4 sure this trip!!)...we have a couple of "War Stories" to re live!!

...always have trouble trying to get "Madam" to venture into your "Neck of the woods"...5555

..."You have Story"...Soi Kwai Hai....lol...

Fcuk...it's 2 years ago...

...But need to deliver a "Kiwi" parcel down your way....LOL... so have an excuse!!

Cheers DC

Archived