Leukemia treatment in LOS

New Petchburi Pete

I recently returned from the U.S. where I had two successful heart surgeries. I was excited that my cardiac status was improved.

However, while in the hospital, I was diagnosed as having CLL or chronic lymphocytic leukemia which is an incurable, but usually slow to advance, type of cancer of the blood & bone marrow. I had extensive testing by an hematologist to confirm this. At this point in the game my 'staging' is low enough to allow for a watchful waiting period with frequent monitoring. Chemotherapy is not yet warranted as the side effects of such treatment would probably be worse than the symptoms I now experience. My doctor feels that I should relocate to the States for this, something I am very reluctant to do.

I am curious to know if anyone knows how sophistocated leukemia treatment and follow-up is in LOS. Also, where would I receive the best care? Any recommendations as to hematologists and hospitals which might provide state of the art care would be most appreciated.

Stem cells.

They (not in the USA) are doing wonders with the stem cells.

Unlike the BS that the USA puts out, they can use stem cells from sheep out of New Zealand (I know a person in the BKK area that has been completely cured of diabetes via stem cells and a "magnetic pulse" machine).

They also harvest stem cells from compatible relatives. They run the donor's blood thru a machine and draw off some stem cells.

PM me if you want to vist the man that has been cured of diabetes as he is very up to date with the advancements that they have made with stem cells, how to get them, etc.

Archived