Uncurious Thailand

Gadfly

Well I guess I'm lucky. My wife loves to read. The problem is with us traveling the states all the time, we have a hard time finding Thai. books

She reads scandal rags here. I tell her they are stupid rags.

We have been in Corpus Christi,Tx. lately doing work. Found a Thai. restaraunt. The lady owner gave my wife 5 Thai. books. Well in a week she read 4 of them allready.

Her family has books all around the house and you can tell they have been read. Not just collecting dust.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
isn't there the old joke that George W. Bush's private library burnt down and all his books....4 colouring books were lost!

Originally Dan Quayle I think and he hadn't finished colouring them all in when it happened !

Is it just reading though ? Or is it aligned with a status quo, this is what we do, no need to change ? A move on from the simplest "grow rice and eat it" subsistance farming lifestyle.

To someone not educated, what can they benefit from wasting time reading a book ?

I admit I read less than before but as I have never been into fiction my options are more limited. I perhaps have 20 books in the house, most read, some stalled. Of course, then the wife's comic books !

Hi,

Since we are talking about books, for those who like to read a lot check out Anobii

It is a website where you can (very easily) add your book collection and can then find 'neighbors' who have a similar taste. Very useful for finding new stuff to read.

Sanuk!

PS Credit for finding this goes to SuaDum who mentioned it to me a little while back.

Archived