Monthly allowance for TGF

BUDDY3

"loaned" gets quote marks because when you loan money to a thai--even if you ARE a thai--you know that you will NEVER see it paid back, no fucking way...Thais being some of the

preahko

Well I have to disagree here.

I lent money many times to Thais and always was paid back on time. Therefore I still lend money sometimes and certainly not every request, only the very sensible ones.

Right now I lent 20k 6 months ago, 10k is due back in Jan 08 and 10k Jan 09 and I lent 5k to an other person two weeks ago, due back in Dec (suffering from cervical cancer and unable to work right now due to daily treatment at a Bangkok hospital and I even do not really want that money to be returned to me, but it remains a principle: all money must be returned or I will never lend again)

I will keep you posted to have you wrong :D

On the other hand, yes, their wanting for money is an illness to me and most certainly not in line with Buddhas thinking.

BTW, Have you noticed that any religion's basic rules are exactly the cause of social mishaps by their believers?

Religion instates taboos and taboos are the cancer of the human species, but I divert here :shocked:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heck - I'll go as far as to say that I often BORROW from Thais, especially the wives family, and they in turn sometimes borrow from me, my amount always higher than theirs and they always pay on time.

Maybe it's WHO you borrow from, rather than their nationality?

I never had problems with thai people borrowing from me.

If I remember well there were 3 times when thais asked me or my lady for a loan (never a big amounth though) and they always repaid.

Have to say that all these thais were working at decent jobs, were all friends/relations of my sweetie.

Also I have never been asked for a loan/money fom my sweetie family.

(of course the mother would like a house if we marry but I do not consider 400K bht as a rip-off)

Only thing I did for the family (apart of the occasional gifts) was to find a new/better paid job for on of the brother.

Funnily enough one of my sweetie brothers is a dodgy guy who once asked her if she could ask me if I may (sorry but this is the only way to tell it) be interested in investing in his hotel.......

She refused then told me about the whole thing and that sh thought it was a scam.

(I learned later that this dodgy bastard asked the mother to give him her ramathep amulets....which he sold of course, at least the good point is that he never drinks alcohols, does nor smoke and dos not take drugs, he is just a scammer from what my sweetie told me)

I apologize for this lengthy post but thais can be honnest too.....

Can you elaborate on that? then we can answer.

Regarding my loaning money, let me clarify, I knew the people a long time, and the money was for a specific purpose each time. I have been hit up tons more times to which I said no, simply didn't trust the people.

The other issue raised, was why some people seem to distrust Thais, almost despise them, yet live and work among them by choice?

What do her other boy friends send her?

I have to agree; that was the best post I have seen from OH, although the post quoted above is at least a close second.

I don't think we are being too hard on the OP. Before recommending any amount, there is a more fundamental question that must be asked: why pay anything?

I know plenty of reasonable sounding rationales - at least on the surface - can be put forward for making payments, but few of them are persuasive (at least to me). Even fewer turn out to be true.

In the vast majority of cases we are talking about sponsorship of a p4p TG who is certainly playing for pay when the sponsor is not in country (and sometimes when he is). Maybe there are a few exceptions; I have only been here 13 years and I am sure there are things things I have missed.

Guys who think there situation is different or there TG is different are almost always in denial. I don't blame the BGs for scamming - why not if someone is foolish enough to pay?

Indeed, I am impressed by some of their scams.

But I am certainly not going to fuel anyoneâ??s naiveté by glossing over this fact and suggesting a number.

loaned" gets quote marks because when you loan money to a thai--even if you ARE a thai--you know that you will NEVER see it paid back, no fucking way...Thais being some of the most untrustworthy, thieving bastards on the face of the planet when it comes to money...).

The "thieving bastards" comment is a bit much, but Thailand has a tremendously high level of non performing debt to this day. I think much of this structural. Try foreclosing on a property here - the legal structure here is impossible on these sorts of matter. (For an example, see the shell of a building at the Nana BTS station - been there for years.) But I also think the weak legal structure has influenced the culture (the moral hazard), and vice versa.

Archived