700 baht barfines at Soi Cowboy

Neo

Was out at Soi Cowboy and noticed places have ratcheted up barfines another 100 baht as it looks like 700 baht is the going rate now. Drinks 140-120. Lady drinks usually 130. Suppose there are places you can get better prices, but those seem pretty typical for a bar crawl. Despite being the expat favorite, Soi Cowboy has been the most expensive gogo area and continues to lead the way on price hikes.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In regard to the BF's going up, it's only a 100 baht increase, sure, but I wonder how many tarts will think to themselves... "Hmmm... bar fine goes up, so I put up my price too."

:(

Still, I think about 5 or 6 years ago (maybe more) most of the gogos in Cowboy had 500 baht bar fines, so 200 baht in that time isn't too bad an increase. Does the girl's "cut" of the bar fine increase too? I doubt it somehow.

At current USD/Baht exchange rates that's about 20 bucks now, for the barfine. 60 bucks at 2,000 baht exchange for a ST. So right around 80 dollars now for a ST in these Cowboy bars. At 3000 baht for a LT and 700 baht barfine that is around 110 dollars for a night of fun, not including drinks for yourself and ladydrinks as well, food, hotel, (ST hotel rates are what now?), etc. It's not cheap any more really. Add to that your ever increasing airline rates, and a punter/monger tourist doing a week in Bangkok is spending a decent amount of money. Say 200 bucks a day just for one ST and one LT, not including any tips, 1400 USD just for 7 days of getting laid without adding up the hotel, flight, food and booze and all that. The flights from the east coast are around 1400 dollars or more depending on the season. Coach class. I'd guess we'll be seeing less Yanks around this coming year. I'd be demanding a raise at work! :shocked:

Sounds like Soi 1 building is starting to look a lot better. Better looking girls with lower bar fines and over all cost.

But then, Star of Light seems to beat them all.

u just made me feel sick. star of light beats them for prices but what if u actually want a good looking girl?....shudder...star of light....shudder

Was out at Soi Cowboy and noticed places have ratcheted up barfines another 100 baht as it looks like 700 baht is the going rate now. Drinks 140-120. Lady drinks usually 130. Suppose there are places you can get better prices, but those seem pretty typical for a bar crawl. Despite being the expat favorite, Soi Cowboy has been the most expensive gogo area and continues to lead the way on price hikes.

I can also confirm that barfines at Safari on Patpong are now 700 baht.

preahko

Cent, I agree Thailand still has a lot going for it and the overall package is still better than alternative options in Europe or the US IMHO? But especially in Bangkok its not cheap anymore. I always have a bit of a little chuckle when guys (apparently with more money than most of us?!) start talking about coming to Bangkok for "cheap beer and whores". As you say the total cost for a Bangkok gogo girl nowadays certainly is'nt cheap by asian standards? And as for cheap beer, I can get a beer cheaper in the UK than the places now charging 140 baht.

Simie.

Archived