700 baht barfines at Soi Cowboy

Neo

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

p.s. from a personal point of view the sex plays a very small part in the reasons I still go back to Bangkok these days. The beer however does! :smirk: And I only do part of my drinking in gogos, so these changes don't make that much difference to me. But as previously said especially for visitors from the US with the current state of the dollar it all adds up these days.

Simie.

....At 3000 baht for a LT and 700 baht barfine that is around 110 dollars for a night of fun, not including drinks for yourself and ladydrinks as well, food, hotel, (ST hotel rates are what now?), etc. It's not cheap any more really....

Not cheap (although I've never paid 3K for an all nighter). An all nighter in Dubai will set you back US$ 135 and the cost of living in Dubai is waaaay higher than Bangkok.

An all nighter in Dubai will set you back US$ 135 and the cost of living in Dubai is waaaay higher than Bangkok.

Is that an average amount, Munchie? Or the "going rate?"

Just seems strange that it would be $135... not $130 or $140!

Sort of like paying a girl in Thailand 1650 baht for a long-time, say.

:hmmm:

Was out at Soi Cowboy and noticed places have ratcheted up barfines another 100 baht as it looks like 700 baht is the going rate now. Drinks 140-120. Lady drinks usually 130. Suppose there are places you can get better prices, but those seem pretty typical for a bar crawl. Despite being the expat favorite, Soi Cowboy has been the most expensive gogo area and continues to lead the way on price hikes.

I believe most of the bars are still around 500 THB. Some are at 400 THB. And at a lot of places you can get Happy Hour drinks for 60 THB and later 100-105 THB. Sure some of the bars are jacking the prices up, but not all.

Midnite was about 700, but they had 2 prices depending on the time.. I think late on it was 800, but it's been a few weeks.

I seem to remember paying a fine just to go to the short time room + 300 for the room itelf..

Other way around mate. I am told it is higher early on. I understand the reasoning as you don't want the birds leaving the bar too early.

Hey ..it is not all doom and gloom....

The cheapest half hour session down here is about 2500 thb....so look at it in your currency ...Los is still Amazing....

Same Price over here : roundabout 50 â?¬ from the street and 115 â?¬ in a club. But NOOOO Extras included.

So after all EDEN is a choice - just a pricerelated remark!

MaW

Archived