700 baht barfines at Soi Cowboy

Neo

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the good thing when i visit LOS next time is that i will be in charge.

i will be travelling with my Mum so therefore not shoving my nocturnal activities in her face.

we will have separate rooms and she will know i will have 'guests' overnight.

but i will arrange any liasion in a Bar and arrange to meet later.

if the BF is too high or the Girl wants too much i just smile and say no,plenty more fish in the sea.

BG's have different prices and after Bars close then the price drops.

just have to be patient,plenty of Girls available in LOS and no need to rush.

Yes, I think Cent's estimate was a bit high. In my recent two week stint, I never paid more then 2000 Bt LT or 1200-1500ST, never had a complaint or query for taxi money. Never negotiated price beforehand either, just gently shoved the Baht in the handbag or pocket.

BF in SC 500-600 (Apache tried me on for 800 on Halloween night, I told them I'm not american, so don't do halloween, neither do thai. She caved in and left it at 500.)

it will be.

i'll actually be doing the tourist thing.

not really interested in the BKK side of things,i find the Girls in BKK up their own arses and i don't have a lot of interest in them.

but when in Patong i have my places to go and find some cheap cuties.

Yes, I think Cent's estimate was a bit high. In my recent two week stint, I never paid more then 2000 Bt LT or 1200-1500ST, never had a complaint or query for taxi money. Never negotiated price beforehand either, just gently shoved the Baht in the handbag or pocket.

BF in SC 500-600 (Apache tried me on for 800 on Halloween night, I told them I'm not american, so don't do halloween, neither do thai. She caved in and left it at 500.)

Ikkrang,

I went with my estimate using asking rates. Many are asking these rates now I hear from others. Another factor can be the high and low seasons and how many offs the lass has had the month as well. Discounts on the 'asking' rate are common, especially during low season when there aren't so many punters around to be picky.

I imagine the increase is now put in place recently in anticipation of the high season crowds.

But, a high season punter, splashing the cash and not trying to get discounts (many punters on holiday like this, especially newbies) will easily pay these asking rates and have no qualms. Once one bar is successful in getting these prices, many will try to emulate their success and raise their own BF rates. Watch for the barfines in all the 'popular' Cowboy bars to increase.

The tourists set the rates really, by paying whatever asked, not the old timers and expats. Whatever the market will bear is what the prices rise to, and it seems that so many think this is inexpensive due to their 'comparison reports' of their home country's sex entertainment costs.

And, this is one reason so many punters like Pattaya; it is less expensive and has a huge glutted market to choose from, which, through competition, keeps the prices down somewhat.

Just my observations and opinion.

Cent

p.s. Your recent trip was during what is normally considered the low season, no? Come back in late December or January. Plus, you are a hansum and experienced monger, right? :)

Cent, not saying this applies to you because I know it does'nt but thats one of my pet hates when some people keep comparing Thai P4P prices with their western home country. It has no relevence to Thailand what so ever what you would have to pay in the US or Sweden or Germany or where ever. Or when people say its only $ X or Euro Y etc.

Simie.

Was out at Soi Cowboy and noticed places have ratcheted up barfines another 100 baht as it looks like 700 baht is the going rate now. Drinks 140-120. Lady drinks usually 130. Suppose there are places you can get better prices' date=' but those seem pretty typical for a bar crawl. Despite being the expat favorite, Soi Cowboy has been the most expensive gogo area and continues to lead the way on price hikes.

[/quote']

I believe most of the bars are still around 500 THB. Some are at 400 THB. And at a lot of places you can get Happy Hour drinks for 60 THB and later 100-105 THB. Sure some of the bars are jacking the prices up, but not all.

Would love to see a list of the Cowboy bars and their BF prices! Would you say that those charging the highest BFs are the large or more glitzy show bars? My theory is that every time a bar is sold their prices are increased by the new owners, due to the increased cost each time of the bars sold. High turnover in the bars ownership causes the prices to rise. Would you say that is a fair assessment? Is there a lot of turnover in ownership recently?

Also, the small single wide bars with a smaller amount of girls are usually the places with better prices I have seen. The big splashy bars are usually the ones raising the prices in my experience. Higher costs lead to higher prices. At least this is my experience and opinion.

One reason some guys love the beer bar concept in Pattaya is the prices are kept much lower because the costs to the owner are much lower. Stands to reason really.

But prices recently are escalating the past few years. The asking rates for a 2 hour massage have risen in most massage parlors as well. Even the little newer places are asking around 300 baht now. And most of the lower to midrange hotels have increased their prices by 200, 300, or even 400 baht a night in the past three years.

My wife's family were complaining last week that the workers/rice pickers are now all asking for 150 baht a day for working the fields. Up 30 baht a head from last year, a significant jump and added expense when you have 40 people picking rice. SO, they cut the free meals portions they used to give the workers, saying if they are making that much (demanding it) then they can buy their own food and drink. They used to provide free water (still do), loads of good food and beer and lao khao for the workers (now much less).

So costs continue to rise everywhere.

Cent

p.s. It wasn't that long ago (three years maybe?) I was getting flights from the states to BKK for around $800 coach round trip. Now I am happy to get the same flight for 1400 bucks, and that's a deal from the east coast over the pacific routes.

Archived