Freelance Question-

Savittre

I am by no means an expert on Bamboo Bar, but it has been posted here before, some of the girls are barfinable, others choose not to be. There may be a few freelancers about as well, ask and you will get an answer I guess. Maybe cover your nuts first, in case it is some "nice girl" who just stopped in to use the ladies room smile.gif" border="0 As for Soi 0, Some of the girls in the various bars work there, and a barfine must be paid. For some reason, I remember it being lower than NEP, but that was a long while back. As in most of the "nightlife" areas, some of the girls are freelancers, so caution must be used. Hope the info helps. Check the back posts for more info on Bamboo beer garden. I think about a month back or so, it got some play.

At Bamboo Bar,there is a formal barfine system (500 baht) for employees, but it is entirely up to the girl, and there are no quotas. Many of the ladies are "kept" women, with sponsors who support them - working just to stay busy or earn extra income. A few make their primary living on their backs.

Many freelancers at Bamboo, particularly on nights when live band is playing.

At Soi Zero, all girls not working behind bar live primarily via "offs" with customers, with lady drinks providing a minor income stream. Barfine is typically 300 baht.

Bangkok Butterfly

Is that term "kept" women something you just came up with or is it the generally accepted term for girls on support? I kinda like it, the term that is, and what to give credit where credit is due. I also need to know if the girls know the term and use it? when they decline to go with me/you or demand higher prices.

thanks,

Nok

No, I just pulled the "kept" term out of recollection of having seen that somewhere in western literature. Come to think of it, there is no good English term for that situation here in Thailand. The most common phrase among farangs is to say that the lady "has a sponsor."

The Thai term "mia noi" implies financial support of a mistress by a married man, but I don't know of a good term that specifically applies to an absent-from-Thailand farang paying a monthly stipend to keep "his" lady off the game.

Maybe another poster (Stickman?) can come up with something appropriate.

Indeed many situations don't translate well from English to Thai and likewise. "Kept" however is a great way to describe a pooying who has a farang boyfriend.

This is the first I've heard from Nok Tang since the time he ate the chicken which made him ill. I thought maybe he died from food poisoning.

"...I don't know of a good term that specifically applies to an absent-from-Thailand farang paying a monthly stipend to keep "his" lady off the game..."

How's about "sad, self-deluding cash-dispenser"? Cos when that cat's away, baby, those mice're gonna play. smile.gif" border="0frown.gif" border="0

Hi,

The term I hear in the karaoke circles is "mii khon liang" ('has someone raising her').

In a relationship like this were the guy is paying the girl a monthly stipend, the guy is called "khon liang". If he is already married the girl is refered to as a "mia noi", but if he isn't I have no idea what the girl would be called.

Sanuk!

The Thai's definitely have a term for the mice playing while the cat's away -

"maeow khamoi noo" = cat-thief-mouse

Try it in an appropriate situation and the girls almost choke themselves laughing.

"Let the good times roll!"

B-Fly BKK

Archived